Is there any plan to allow sync of other library types?

ecrispy

ecrispy

I'm sure this has been asked/answered before but I can't find it. I'd like to sync all my libraries - not just Movies/Tv. Specifically allow my Home/Other videos to sync and not be a dynamic listing. 

Is there a technical limitation for this or just a conscious decision?

This wouldn't be a big issue but dynamic content takes along time to load, it seems its doing a dynamic sync each time with no caching at all.

sualfred

Technical limitations. You can only sync things that are handled by a database at Kodi. And Kodi only has a movie/tvshow/music library. 

ecrispy

Technical limitations. You can only sync things that are handled by a database at Kodi. And Kodi only has a movie/tvshow/music library. 

How was it being done before in earlier versions of the addon? Was it combining everything? Could it be possible to use Kodi's smart playlist feature to e.g. generate playlists based on Emby libraries and use them as source nodes?

sualfred

It was never synced. 

Smartplaylist features are based on libraries. No library to sync to, no smartplaylist.

Edited by sualfred

Angelblue05

It was never synced.

Smartplaylist features are based on libraries. No library to sync to, no smartplaylist.

To be fair it was synced a very long time ago. But as people don’t understand why their home videos would show up with their movies or don’t use a skin that allows for custom shortcuts, I removed support for it being synced. It is true that now you can select the libraries to sync... back then you couldn’t and caused issues with users so it was just easier to deal with it as a dynamic entry since it didn’t have it’s own type in Kodi (movies, tvshows, musicvideos, music)