Ability to force specific frame rate on transcode

fr0z3n

fr0z3n

Hi,

Is it possible to tell Emby server to force transcode video content to a certain fps?

For example, when i watch a 23.976fps video on a specific device, I'd like emby server to transcode the video (not just to the x264 codec as it does now) but also change the fps from 23.976 to another value such as 30fps.

So essentially I want emby server to do the 3:2 pull down operation, so the client plays back a 30fps video that emby has transcoded on the fly.

Some low powered android devices struggle with 3:2 pull down, so I'm hoping to perform the pull down on the server, with the benefit of beefy hardware, Intel quicksync etc.

It could be a generic setting in the Transcoding menu, like you can configure 264 profile, CRF etc, if not configurable per device.

Is this possible?

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by fr0z3n

Hi, we don't currently have an option for this, but it's possible for the future. thanks.

• 4 years later...
PrinzValium

Did Something Change to this topic?

I would Like this Feature because some devices with older Android TV doesnt Change framerate.... So ist would be great If emby can Change the FPS of Videos in the fly....