Un-merging merged series

nuentes

nuentes

@@Happy2Play In my TV library, I have a folder for Mythbusters, and another folder for Mythbusters (Streamlined) which are fan edits of the show. The two have always appeared separately in Emby, but I must have run a full metadata refresh or something, as they are now merged into a single series node, and I'm having a hard time getting them to split back apart.

When I click into an episode, I can see the option to split the episodes, however there are a LOT of episodes that would need to be split, and this would only split the episode

I edited the series nfo for the Streamlined series in my text editor and removed thetvdb, imdb, and zap2it id's. I then asked the folder to scan for new and updated files, and nothing happened. I then told my entire TV library to scan for new and updated files, and still no luck. What's the best way to do this?

Happy2Play

Not knowing specifics about your setup, I guess the first question would be do you need the "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" for other series within that library? I just test a merged library that I have setup and disabling that option and performing a library scan separated them.

But if you need that option for other series, then you may have to remove the "Streamlined" series you edited, perform a library scan, then re-add it to separate them.

But might need to know more specifics about the library configuration.

nuentes

Yeah, I need that, as I have several pooled drives, and some series appear on 2 different drives. Both of these folders appear on the same drive. However, I just remembered that I had to migrate both of these folders to a new drive due to the original drive beginning to fail. So this all probably came up after I updated the Library paths in Emby.

I can proceed with removing the Streamlined folder, then running a scan, and then adding back - if that's what you think needs to be done.

Can you just tell me how series are merged like this? Is it based off thetvdbid? Several factors? Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
nuentes

It seems that every time I place the "Mythbusters (Streamlined)" series back into the scan folder, emby just adds thetvdbid back to the series nfo file. Is there any other way? Or is there a way I can trick emby into not trying to recognize this show?

Of course I could tell Emby to not create local metadata, but I need this enabled for other media that I have in that folder.

It seems that every time I place the "Mythbusters (Streamlined)" series back into the scan folder, emby just adds thetvdbid back to the series nfo file. Is there any other way? Or is there a way I can trick emby into not trying to recognize this show?

Of course I could tell Emby to not create local metadata, but I need this enabled for other media that I have in that folder.

Try removing the tvdb id after you've added the folder back to your library.You could also set the tvdb id to some incorrect value. That's not a very desirable option though. We need to provide a way for you to manually split them. Until then, these are possible workarounds, along with disabling the grouping feature for the library altogether. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I removed the tvdb id a few days ago, and have done nothing else since. The two series' are still merged together in Emby.

I'm willing to try other stuff.

I just ran a "scan for new and updated files" on that library, and no change. tvdb id is still missing from the nfo file, and the series are still merged.