Setup Video for Nvidia Shield as server?

The TRUST

The TRUST

Anyone have a setup video to use an Nvidia shield as a server with a 10TB hard drive?

I've been trying for days to set it up but been having no luck at all. Not understand what I'm suppose to be doing. 

when I install the APK file  and click the activate Media Server, It gives me an IP address of sorts but says I can't open it since I don't have a browser.

The shield is new to me and got it just for this server prupose. So I'm totally lost.

I am able to access the settings on my laptop (on the same network) but can't figure out how to set up my HDD connected to the shield. 

Getting quite frustrated.......sigh

Hi, yes I agree a video would be great. You can use a smartphone to open the web interface in a browser and complete it there. have you tried that?

The TRUST

Yes I have but this is as far as I've gotten. I can't figure it out how to choose the drive I have connected to my Shield

post-487585-0-05598200-1564884670_thumb.jpg

Jacel300

Use xplore to check the address the movies are stored in.

Get back to the page shown above.

Use a mouse or the mouse in the phone app to highlight the page, you can then start scrolling down to find hard drive, click on it.

Then repeat for next part.

Keep doing this untill you have the full address for the movies.

Hope this makes sense

The TRUST

I don't see the drive on the list nor am I able to find it. Do you have screen shots of how you locate it?

Jacel300

I noticed that on my hard drive the shield changed its name so instead of Samsung it reads as C123456A123 (example)

KamElita

have you checked in settings of the client the touchmouse ?

to use the mouse you must disable the touchmouse.

all users with fineless, report to me in email that the server in this rom work well.

be sure to have the last client and the last server.

The TRUST

Good news and bad news. Thanks to Jacel for the help finding my drive. It worked and it started adding my library but then it wouldn't play any videos. It would just spin endlessly. I tried backing out of the movie page area and tried going into others that's when I got an error that says:

VOLLEYERROR.com.android.volley.noconnectionerror:

All while I was actively using the Shield so there was no chance it went to sleep

Are you able to play from the emby web app?

After adding the library did you wait for the initial library scan to complete before trying to play?

The TRUST

Are you able to play from the emby web app?

After adding the library did you wait for the initial library scan to complete before trying to play?

What do you mean web app?  I just playing it from the Shield Emby client App

As for waiting for the library scan, a few movies were scanned and being displayed but after a while it kinda stopped updating so I test played some of the ones that appeared to have finished displaying/updating. Never resumed. 

The same web interface that you used to setup the server also allows you to browse and play content. Have you tried that?

• 1 month later...

Try playing back using the Emby client on the Shield TV itself as well as try from your PC right from the web interface you use to manage your server.

Report back your findings.

Also, how much free space do you have on your Shield TV?  You need working space for it to be able to transcode and build image caches, etc.

Carlo

The TRUST

Try playing back using the Emby client on the Shield TV itself as well as try from your PC right from the web interface you use to manage your server.

Report back your findings.

Also, how much free space do you have on your Shield TV?  You need working space for it to be able to transcode and build image caches, etc.

Carlo

500GB. Haven't used any of the internal space.

Am I able to manage the the shield server from the PC? I find the interface on the shield to be very cumbersome and clunky.