Limit username to device?

unimatrixjohnny

unimatrixjohnny

Hello all! I just switched from Plex to Emby for my media server and so far it's leaps and bounds better than Plex (other than not having a TiVo app, but that's not all that important)! But I'm trying to figure out if I can do something.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but here's what I'm wanting to do:

I have a kid that I want to have access to only certain movies, shows, music, etc. on her Kindle device. I have her own username set up and the parental controls configured (which works great), but I want only her name to show up on her device and not give her access to any other users without having to password protect all of them.

Is there a way to make it so requests from her device only show her username?

Good day,

One easy option to make all "others" users as hidden (go to users and select the option for hidden login to that user/s), but not your kid.

Here in the main login screen you will only see your kid name login.

Other users should use "manual login" and that to put their user and password.

My best

unimatrixjohnny

So I thought about that too, but what I was wanting to avoid was having anyone else have to have or enter a password to get into their profile. But I'm guessing this just isn't an implemented feature? Not a huge deal, was mostly just curious if it was possible!

You could use device access permissions but I think you will find that to be too much manual work.