Movie playback causes router to restart

marcuspaul

marcuspaul

Hi everybody,

every time I start a movie the router crashes and reboots. This only occurs when I play a movie in my own network. the client does not matter: emby cinema on windows, emby app on android, emby addon on kodi - same behaviour. A second after the playback starts the router reboots.

If I start the playback from outside of my own network it plays just fine though.

I already deactivated DLNA and UDP. Nothing changed.

I'm done with ideas. Anybody got some? I'd appreciate any help ;-)

--

Embyserver 4.2.0.40 in Docker Container (emby/embyserver:latest) running on rancheros (Freenas 11.2-U5)

ISP = Unitymedia

Router = connectbox

Edit: fixed the worst typos ;-)

Edited by marcuspaul

Hi.  I would look for a firmware update for your router.  There is virtually no way this is actually related to Emby.

marcuspaul

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

Well... actually it's my ISP's router - so no way to get rid of that (crappy) box.

I'll run some tests and will try tinkering with the router's settings. If I get no results at all I'll consider using the router as modem only.

• 4 weeks later...
marcuspaul

The techies at my ISP are still working on it. They did a firmware-update without luck and they'll try a new router in a few days.

I'm using direct path playback as a workaround for the local boxes and external access for the phones and tablets though. So it kind of works.

I'll keep you updated...