(Y)Trailers naming convention (and/or multiple version movies)

MindBullet
Go to solution Solved by MindBullet,

MindBullet

Hey guys!

I'm a huge fan of all of @@radeon 's plug ins and I got a huge 4K TV recently. I started adding 4k movies to my library with multi-version files.

The problem is, that the trailers for these files are not picked up properly for the multi-versions, because I don't know the naming convention for that.

I know that, generally speaking it should be:

MovieX (2001).mkv

MovieX (2001)-trailer.mkv

etc.

However, this doesn't seem to be applicable when it comes to multi versioning.

I tried the following:

MovieX (2001)\
    MovieX (2001) - 1080p.mkv

MovieX (2001) - 4K.mkv

Trailer namings I tried then:

MovieX (2001)\

~~ 1. MovieX (2001) - 4k-trailer.mkv
    ~~ 2. MovieX (2001) - 1080p-trailer.mkv

and 

~~ 3. MovieX (2001)-trailer.mkv

None of the above played the trailer I wanted to have associated with the movie, but it played the online stream instead.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and as always: Keep up the awesome work!

Edited by MindBullet

MindBullet

Hey Luke, thanks for hopping in once again.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's not playing the trailer from the movieX (2001) folder and I assume that I might have the wrong naming for the trailer. Is there even a way for local trailers for multi version movies? How would I need to name the trailer file in this example then?

MindBullet

Mh? Am I that far mistaken?

Maybe I've gotten the entire idea of local trailers wrong, but how I understood the whole trailer thingy is, that if you set up local trailers (like a trailer video file for all of your movies; e.g. MovieX (2001)-trailer.mkv within the movie folder) it would play this specific file as a trailer, instead of streaming an online trailer for a movie.

Is this not how it works? If not I might have misunderstood the whole concept of localized trailers :D

Yes that is how it works. What happens when you press the trailer button on the video detail screen?

• Solution
MindBullet

I think I already found out why this happens and would like to ask for confirmation.

When I'm clicking on the trailer button from the detail screen it would sometimes play an online trailer for a multi version movie (even though I have a local trailer for it) and sometimes it would play the local trailer for another multi version movie.

I checked today and it seems like you would need to name the trailer.mkv file to the movie version that is "the first" version on Emby. Let me explain.

If the default multi version is 1080p for "movieX (YYYY) - 1080p.mkv", you (or I) would need to name the trailer file "movieX (YYYY) - 1080p-trailer.mkv". If I would name it like the 4k version (movieX (YYYY) - 4k-trailer.mkv) it would play the online trailer instead of the local one. Is this correct?

EDIT: Forget what I said. It seems like I only had a few mistakes when naming the files (e.g. a space too much). It's working either way. Sorry for shooting too quickly!

Anyways it is solved like this and I have the local trailers playing again :)

Edited by MindBullet
  • Like 1