I have a 2017 Nvidia Shield 16GB, have a 1TB WD External Drive attached to Shield used for External Storage, HDHomerun, Wired or Wireless internet. Also have several Fire sticks throughout the house that benefit from the HDHomerun. Hoping Emby will fit in fine.
I am having the hardest time getting installed and working. I am new to Emby and have purchased Premier and I have questions:
1. Is Emby for Android the same file as Emby for Nvidia Shield? From what I have seen written it sounds like it is a special file just for Shield. If it is I can't find it. I downloaded the one for Android.
2. Are there separate Envy files for server and one for just viewing. If you go to google play store there is only one Envy that I see.
I want my server to be my Nvidia Shield and I want to be able to watch my TV etc... on Envy from other tvs with Firestick.
3. Is there a way to install Emby server on my external storage?
4. Is there a clear step by step installation/ video for emby on Nvidia Shield? I see a lot for installing on Windows etc....
5. My Nvidia Shield REMOTE does not work very well trying to install Emby. It is all over the place. Right now I'm switching between 2 remotes trying to configure Emby. It is a nightmare.
Right now what I have on my Shield are 2 Envy apps a Green and I think Blues or Black Icon. When I select the Green colored app I get a screen with a search function on left an Emby icon and then my user name top right. Nothing else listed and nothing is functional on this screen....you can't search or anything.
On the Blue/black Envy Icon (2nd icon) this is the server icon and I can log in. I have tried to configure the best I can the live tv and Dvr. I can eventually dig down and find my tv listings (Very hard to do with remote situation) and watch a show and it stops after a few seconds.
None of this can be working correctly from what I've seen on videos. I assumed it would be easier than this. What am I doing wrong?
Would someone be kind enough to answer the 5 questions? I think will help a lot.