External Player - BDMV?

evewatchesstuff

evewatchesstuff

Hey, 

So first off, I love Emby. Really a step up from plex. I also really dig the BDMV support! However, I'd love to get Emby Theater to pass off the BDMVs to MPC-HC. Now I have part of that working but it's not passing off the actual BDMV, only the title / playlist that Emby selected. How can I have MPC-HC open the actual BDMV's playlists so I can select which title I'd like to watch (for extras and multiple cuts)?

make sure the emby theater machine has direct access to the library path (as configured in emby library setup). That's probably what's going on. With direct access it will pass the folder path to the external player. Without, it will pass a streaming url.

evewatchesstuff

make sure the emby theater machine has direct access to the library path (as configured in emby library setup). That's probably what's going on. With direct access it will pass the folder path to the external player. Without, it will pass a streaming url.

How would that look? My emby server runs in a docker on my media server. I have my gsuite drive mounted at /mnt/GoogleDrive on the server and to /mnt/share1/GoogleDrive in the docker. I'd rather not have to rescrape the library or whatever to change the path as it's a few hundred TB and it's already taken 2 days. 

You'd have to share it on the network and configure the optional network location for the library folder path.

evewatchesstuff

I thought it was gonna have issues but the wiki helped out! 

That's really rad tbh, BDMV support alone was a reason to switch. 

It would be kinda cool if you indexed the bdmv info file and let people see the different titles via the web interface. 

• Like 1