transcoding problem emby 4.2.0.40

ANIS03

it works perfectly before the update 4.2.0.40

with some video only

yes I tried with KRYPTON & THE 100 which have subtitles and no problem 

the same with Brooklyn Nine-Nine which has no subtitles works fine 

the transcoding of La casa de papel is not done yet it has subtitles but they are not used 

What do you mean by "the transcoding is not done yet"?

Are we talking about playback of a video from a client or pre-transcoding of media without watching?

pünktchen

"La casa de papel" is encoded in HEVC and you are trying to transcode this video via software!

This is very CPU hungry and it seems your CPU just can't keep up with it.

I have already tried maximum and 16 transcoding but nothing changes

For the papel casa I agree with you but unfortunately other series have the same problem

the transcoding lasts only 30 seconds, and the episode catches up with the transcoding so the episode blocks

• So it stops for a moment and continues afterwards? 

• And if you pause the video after starting and wait for 5 minutes, can you watch for a longer time span?

• Could you run and watch Windows task manager during that time? Does it get to 100%

• Do you have an ffmpeg log from version before 4.2.0.40 where you say it worked fine?

So it stops for a while 

Happy2Play

Does this only happen with HEVC/x265 media?  Looking at the log it would appear fps is below 30 but barely maintaining "speed=1.08x".  So your system may not be powerful enough for transcoding hevc media.

I let the transcoding be done for the papel casa and after 5 minutes only 2 minutes of transcoding.

I checked the task manager the hevc transcoding used 90% of my processors this is huge before the 4.2.0 update. 40 hevc use only 30% of them

Chernobyl uses hevc transcoding it is always done perfectly before the update

Since the update of the clutch it requires more power which is sad because I left plex to come on clutch which requires less resources

Happy2Play

I could be wrong, but doesn't throttling pause the transcoding when you pause the media?

I can only assume there is a translation issue as I have no idea what this is suppose to mean. "40 hevc use only 30% of them"

HEVC has always used high resources when transcoding is required.

I don't understand your questions. Sorry.

hevc uses 90% of my processors, but before the 4.2.40 update the hevc use only 30% of my processors

Only thing I can imagine is that there was hardware acceleration with the older version, so:

• Do you have an ffmpeg log from version before 4.2.0.40 where you say it worked fine?
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

On my test machine I see the exact same resource usage on 4.2.0.40 and 4.2.1.0, 100% cpu usage when transcoding hevc.

Happy2Play

Only way to compare is via logs per version. So do you have any logs from 4.2.0.40?

But everyone's setup is different so nothing had changed for me so we have to figure out what changed for you.

• Like 1