Issue upgrading to Emby v.4.2.0.40 - constant reboots

gerry.emm

gerry.emm

Hi everyone,

As with you all, I've received the update to Emby v.4.2.0.40.  Emby seems to have installed the update and asks to restart Emby to finish the installation.  And I have restarted Emby now, a couple of DOZEN times.  Every time I do, Emby tells me there is an update to v.4.2.0.40 and to click the appropriate button to install the update.  I click to install the update and AGAIN, Emby asks to restart to finish the installation.  And then the whole cycle starts over again.

I have even tried restarting the entire computer from scratch, and cannot seem to break out of the cycle.  Has anyone else had this problem?  How did you solve it?  Any insights from anyone on resolving this situation?  As always, any help in this matter will be GREATLY appreciated.  And thanks in advance to anyone that CAN help!!!

Gerry

Hi, something is holding a lock on the folder and preventing the update from happening. Please try shutting down Emby Server, and then install the update manually from the website on top of your existing version. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.