Who's going to upgrade?

mastrmind11

Sammy

I have 7 ShieldTV's and since I don't have but two 4K TV's connected and don't see issues that others report with 4K, I'm thinking no, especially since an upgrade will be an outlay of some $1500 to $2000 or more depending on the price point of the new ShieldTV.

CBers

I only have 3 TVs in the house, all with a Shield connected, so don't need to upgrade, unless there are reasons why.

As @@Sammy says, 4K HDR playback via the Emby ATV app works just fine.

vdatanet

While supporting updates to the previous model, I do not need to upgrade, but if they stop supporting sooner or later we will have to upgrade. I hope they fix the HDR issue for cropped videos before they drop support.  :)

Edited by vdatanet

CBers

I hope they fix the HDR issue for cropped videos before they drop support. :)

That's already fixed for the next release.

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

Looks like it may be a dongle.

That could be interesting.  Can you fit all that in a dongle?  Obviously, it couldn't be a "Pro" type version.  

I also wouldn't want to give up my wired networking.

vdatanet

While supporting updates to the previous model, I do not need to upgrade, but if they stop supporting sooner or later we will have to upgrade. I hope they fix the HDR issue for cropped videos before they drop support.  :)

I have to eat my words. No Android device has had such a long cycle of updates.  

Maybe we'll have to wait for the next Shield to fix the issue when playing cropped HDR movies.  :(

Edited by vdatanet

slidvendetta

We are using both versions of the Nvidia Shield. They all received the latest OS update. It will be a difficult decision to buy the new version unless the specs/features are too tempting.

nyplayer

From what I hear it will be a stick just like the FireTV 4K so I am not upgrading like my 2 USB3 ports. Not sure if the Sticks will have them.