Update 4.2.0.40 issue

videopalace

videopalace
Hey,

I have the following: since today I have received the update for windows Emby Server version 4.0.2.40.

The problem: since the update, if I want to play a composite playlist with different artists (saved as a CD), I get 'VARIOUS ARTISTS' and not the actual artist what was before the update!

In the metadata of the playlist, it also displays the artists in the "Genres" section.

I would like to see this reversed, any possibility for this?

None of these problems were present before the update.

regards

PenkethBoy

I have seen with Music Video's that Artists get added as Genres as well - this is in the last couple of beta's before .40 was released

i thought it was just a glitch on my end so just fixed it manually as only 5 videos

Looks like it might be more of a problem

Hi, sorry I don't quite understand. Can you show a screenshot to demonstrate the issue? Thanks.

videopalace

On PC, Emby correctly displays a playlist of 'different artists' (meaning: Artist / band / performer + song title). when using Chromecast or Emby for Android TV, 'artist / band / performer' changes to 'different artists'. And this is also displayed on the big screen (not as eg: 'Elton John' but as 'various artists'. Screenshots I can add later.

videopalace
It is not only a problem via Emby for Android Tv, the same happens via:

1) Cast to Chromecast from Pc (windows 10).

2) Cast to Chromecast from Android phone (Oreo).

To summarize the problem again:

A self-compiled music list (as an example I take: The best of the 50s) with 'Various artists' as album performer (s) is correctly displayed on PC as title and performer: Example: Only You - The Drifters. When casting from PC or Android to Chromecast, this changes to 'Only You - Various artists' or 'Only You - (Artist will not be displayed)', the same also happens in Emby for Android Tv.

I understand, but let's look at one at a time. What if you just play directly in the android tv app?

videopalace
These photos are taken with telephone from TV screen.

Photo 1: Playlist as it appears on Android TV

5d3b3f63921af_IMG_20190726_195219800.jpg

Photo 2: Appear on TV when the playlist is playing.

5d3b3f81c2199_IMG_20190726_194631037.jpg

Photo 3: How it appears on Pc = Correct display

5d3b3fec937cf_xpFCyQ8K6T.png

That is actually an Album, not a playlist, correct?

This changed with the new server, also correct?

videopalace

is a playlist of different CDs whose tags have been removed and of which I have made 1 CD. I also re-tagged this as a relevant CD title

I pushed an update to our Chromecast receiver, so that should be resolved now. Thanks.

videopalace

I will give feedback as soon as I have received and tested the update. I will possibly let you know if this is also solved for Android TV and Chromcast casting of Android phone and laptop.

videopalace

update received and tested for casting Android phone and PC to Chromecast. Verdict: very quickly and very well resolved! works optimally for these apps again! I hope to receive a new update for the AndroidTV app soon! I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR YOUR WORK !!

• Like 1

I got this covered on the Roku (artist name will be missing on songs/audio) can submit fixes to address the same server change on the Roku side of things in just a bit. ^_~

Reference: Fix #537: [GeneralMetadata] Fix artists display for Audio items ( songs )

Edited by speechles

videopalace

I switched to the beta version of Emby server since today and all the problems described above have been resolved since the switch.