Runaway Protection Enabled by Default

Jrod696

Jrod696

Is there a way to have the apps by default have Runaway Protection Enabled or a way to go into the user account and enable it manually?

Edited by Jrod696
  • Like 3

Not currently, but it's not a bad idea to be able to configure on the server.

• Like 1

Jrod696

Yeah ive had 2 instance now where someone fell asleep watching a series or walked away and blew through the whole thing. There is a feature in the user settings in the dashboard to automatically play next in the playback section, if we could just have a checkbox for Enable Runaway Protection right below it that would be awesome.

Edited by Jrod696

There is a feature in the user settings in the dashboard to automatically play next in the playback section, 

That setting only affects playback in the web app.

Right now these settings are all on a per-user-per-app basis.

There is currently a feature request to allow setting defaults for the apps from the server.

• Like 1

darkassassin07

Honestly I'd like the ability to set an 'are you still watching?' popup after a configurable number of consecutive plays.

I like the ability to play next automatically as well as manually and tend to switch between them quite often, but when auto-play is enabled there isnt currently a way to prevent runaway playback. That would definitely be a welcome addition, especially if each server can decide on how often to check someone is still there watching.

but when auto-play is enabled there isnt currently a way to prevent runaway playback.

Yes there is.  That's what the option in the apps does...

darkassassin07

??

Am I missing something? The only option I see is auto-play on/off.

If that is on, it will just continue to play every episode in the series unchecked.

That's what I ment: have auto-play enabled, but every x episodes check to see the user is still there via a 'are you still watching?' popup. Configurable server side both to enable/disable the feature as well as to be able to set x to whatever the server owner likes.

Edited by darkassassin07

??

Am I missing something? The only option I see is auto-play on/off.

Sorry, the web app doesn't have the "still watching" feature yet.  The TV apps do (as this is the most likely place it is needed).

darkassassin07

Ah, fair enough.

Is there plans to include that feature on the other clients as well?

I use android mobile primarily, and this could be really handy for late night tv binging in bed :D

Jrod696

I know i started the thread and got my question answered but I think I can sum up the whole thread and hopefully answer a bunch of questions all at once. I think as Luke stated above, If/When implemented server side then it wont matter what device(client) is using they should all be eligible for the feature.

I know thats a tall order and more complicated than I make it sound but big pictures if its a setting on the server then everybody wins.

;)

Edited by Jrod696