Real working HDHomerun hardware transcoding support

smills

smills

I have come to believe that  support for HDHomerun hardware transcoding is basically just broken as has been discussed in other threads.

For live TV viewing you cannot select to use a particular transcoding setting from the HDHomerun.  Emby will just choose one for you based on your client bandwidth settings.    This effectively means your own preferences and whatever you have set on the HDHomerun itself are simply ignored.  THis also means that if you have the bandwidth Emby will request the native  or heavy streams   even if your reference is to always grab the mobile stream.  For me that means that I will always have to transcode on the server to deinterlace rather than having the HDHomerun do it from me when I read the stream.

Then when scheduled recording run from the server  the always grab the full native stream, once again ignoring whatever setting you have set on the HDHomerun.

In the TV source setup please allow us something more that "Allow hardware transcoding".     Please give us the option of specifying  what HDHomerun transcoding profile to use - at least for scheduled recordings 

Perhaps also one to enable or disable the adaptive nature of which stream is selected based on clients  and instead specify a profile there as well.

I have found that the Channels DVR server app allows to choose via picklist between None/Heavy/Mobile  HDHomerun profiles when I setup a source  and it works well.

example

5d3946110dc7a_ChannelsDVRtranscoder.png

Regards,

SMills