Not grabbing proper album information

JaScoMa

JaScoMa

Hello..

Trying to get the proper album information imported into Emby; The Crow soundtrack.

I've tried to identify the album and entered the proper title, year as well as the release UID from MusicBrainz.  I also went to TheAlbumDB website and entered the code from this when I did the look-up.

But it's still not grabbing the album cover and the first track by The Cure, it's updating the artist and saying it's Various.

I checked the MP3 tags and they're all correct.  Track name, Artist and Album Artist is entered with the proper groups.

No matter what I do, Emby isn't updating the album information properly.

Any ideas?

What metadata providers are enabled for your music library for albums and artists, and in what order? Have you explored that so that you can see where the information is coming from?

JaScoMa

For the library, I have:

MusicAlbum metadata downloaders:
TheAudioDB
MusicBrainz

MusicArtist metadata downloaders:
TheAudioDB
MusicBrainz

MusicAlbum Image Fetchers
MusicBrainz
FanArt
TheAudioDB

MusicArtist Image Fetchers
MusicBrainz
FanArt
TheAudioDB

I've tried unselecting either MusicBrainz or TheAudioDB and tried look-ups this way, but for some reason, it keeps changing the artist for the first track from The Cure to Various.  If I manually try to change the artist metadata, it won't save it.  

Once I enabled MusicBrains as a MusicAlbum Image fetcher, the album cover appeared properly.

I'm running the latest emby beta too.

For metadata you need to keep musicbrainz first, since audiodb is based on the musicbrainz id's, it needs to have that or it won't be able to find anything.

JaScoMa

Ok, I just wanted to try both.

I was finally able to get the album cover to download properly and after entering the proper artist UID for the tracks, it grabbed the information correctly.

Appears to be good to go.  Thanks..

Thanks for the feedback. at some point we should update audiodb so that it can search by name if the musicbrainz id's are not present. Then you'd be able to order them however you like.