Absolute series scanner? (Anime)

zyfinity

zyfinity

This is mainly for anime but is it possible for their to be somesort of absolute series scanner such as in plex? "https://github.com/ZeroQI/Absolute-Series-Scanner" what this does is get the absolute number of the anime name and allow anime to be organized correctly within emby, it works with hama plugin which uses both tvdb and anidb and works really well on plex, i am wanting to move to emby for other reasons but currently have this issue stopping me from doing so.

zyfinity

Hmm, is there an answer then to why some shows such as onepiece don't display correctly on emby as it keeps thinking that episode 100 is season one episode zero or something.

Hmm, is there an answer then to why some shows such as onepiece don't display correctly on emby as it keeps thinking that episode 100 is season one episode zero or something.

Did you configure the series for absolute ordering?

zyfinity

the series has been named for absolute numbering, i have also tried file renaming bots but they dont work very well with long shows and I would rather a show display in absolute values.

I'm still having the issue, changing display orders does nothing?

Why do you feel that it did nothing? can you please go over the example in more detail? Thanks.

zyfinity

Below is a comparison between how plex shows it with the absolute series scanner plugin and how emby shows it with absolute display order enabled:

5d4144a505a57_eg2.png5d41449049107_eg1.png

I'm not familiar with that series so i can't easily spot the problem.  But what you need to do is make sure the episode numbers of your files match the absolute episode numbers on tvdb and then you should be fine.

zyfinity

If you see Plex sorts it into one season while emby calls it season 21 and starts counting from 1,2,3 while the same episodes are shown as ep, 895,896,897 which is the correct way to display it.

daedalus

If you see Plex sorts it into one season while emby calls it season 21 and starts counting from 1,2,3 while the same episodes are shown as ep, 895,896,897 which is the correct way to display it.

proper screenshots would help, in your emby screen "season 21" or any connection to the plex episodes are not visible

and you have to do a force refresh after you changed the "display order", to get the correct order and metadata assigned

zyfinity

Yes i did do a force refresh, as you can see in the plex screenshot the episodes show up as 894,895 etc while for emby it starts it at season 21 and counts from 1

5d428fb308195_Capture.png