Sync of TV-shows to AndroidTV client produces heavy RAM and CPU load

jemus

Hey,

I'm experiencing a reproduceable issue concerning my Emby Server and my AndroidTV clients.

When I'm syncing any of my libraries, everything works fine on my ShieldTV and my MiBox.

Problems only show up, when I try to sync the library containing the TV-shows.

After a while the syncing speed slows down to like zero and the workload of both the CPU and RAM of my Emby Server (HP N54L running Xpenology and Emby 4.1.1.0) are above 90%.

After that I have to restart the emby server because it is not accessible anymore.

On my Windows PC, running Kodi aswell, there is no issue syncing the tv-shows library.

On the AndroidTV devices, the Emby App is running without issues.

I have tried:

-syncing on both AndroidTV devices

-deleted and readded the TV-shows library on the server

-tried a fresh install of kodi

-chose "Addon Standard" instead of "Native Paths"

What else can I try, what causes this issue?

kodi.log

Hi, have you updated the addon to the latest version? After the upcoming 4.2 server release, the whole sync process in general will use considerably less resources than before.

Angelblue05

Your server indeed seems to be timing out near the end of your log. What is special about your tv show Lethal Weapon (id 64291) season 3? It seems to not be associated with the same series (id 68057) as your Lethal Weapon entry. Are you pooling this season folder? That seems to be where things make your server stop responding. When trying to retrieve the episodes associated with that show entry, the server returned a readtimeout.

Could you try removing that show from your library and see if it proceeds further?

Note, you can also sync your emby library to kodi on a faster device and just backup your setup and restore it.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/create-and-restore-from-backup

@@Luke

There's no difference in the initial sync process for server 4.2? This is just pulling the library in batch and processing the content. There's no extra calls that happens during that type of sync.

• Like 1

Well there are a few shows, that a have partly stored on my server as video files and partly in another folder which contains *strm files which where exported by the amazon and netflix addons in kodi.

Will give that a try and report back, thanks!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Luke resolved this behavior with 4.2. Maybe this is what he was referring to specifically.

Trying to pull episodes with alternate series id/season id from the same show, I mean.

So first I put the show lethal weapon in a different folder not to be scanned.

But a next show caused the same issue. So I did that to the second show aswell and a third caused the issue.

After excluding all these three shows the sync can be completed on the AndroidTV devices.

So I am going to delete all nfo files stored in the folders of these show and will try to scrape them again. Maybe something went wrong because of wrong IDs as you said.

Will report back, if that worked out well.

Edit:

Seems like the odyssey ended but I still donn't know, why it works again.

When I deleted all nfo files and tried to add the three shows causing the problem again, it didn't help at all. So I had to add one show, scan the library again, add the scond show and scan again... after proceeding like that finally all shows are back in my library and are synced to my AndroidTV Kodi devices.

Edited by jemus
  • Like 1