Question about "Live TV Mode"

cookem

cookem

I am trying to run emby app on my sony xbr-65x810c and when I run it the app it opens LiveTV and tunes the last channel immediate. It does not stop at the home screen nor can I go back to the home screen. Every time I hit back and the guide starts to come up ..I see a message no playable items and it goes back to the live channel. Any idea what would cause this or is there a bug with this app? Everything seems to work fine on my Roku with the same server and account.

Edited by cookem

Hi.  You cannot get back to the home screen of the app?

Sounds like you enabled "Live TV Mode" in the app start up settings.

cookem

I do not recall enabling anything like that....how would I even get into the settings of the app to change it? 

You are sure you are only hitting the "back" button on your remote and not previous channel or anything like that?

Back should take you to the guide and back one more time will take you to the home screen.

The option is defaulted off so someone must've checked it at some point.

cookem

yes i hit back....the guide starts to load....then i see the " no playable items" message and it loads the live channel again. I can try removing and reinstalling the app but I just wanted to make sure it should go back to the guide like on the Roku.

An uninstall and re-install will fix it (or just clear data on the app) as this will revert everything to default settings but I'm not sure why you aren't able to get out of channel playback.  I cannot reproduce that.

Can you try changing to a different channel during playback before attempting to back out?

• 1 year later...
scotthews

I can confirm this problem exists as I enabled this on my Google TV stick which initially looked like it worked OK.  I start Emby and it goes to the last TV channel.  However there is now no way back and all I can do is go back to the guide to change channels.  If you press back again to try to get to the Home screen, it temporarily shows the home screen and then immediately takes you back to the last channel you were watching.  It's now impossible to turn this option off and I assume I'll have to clear data through the Google TV App settings and/or uninstall and re-install.

10 hours ago, scotthews said:

I can confirm this problem exists as I enabled this on my Google TV stick which initially looked like it worked OK.  I start Emby and it goes to the last TV channel.  However there is now no way back and all I can do is go back to the guide to change channels.  If you press back again to try to get to the Home screen, it temporarily shows the home screen and then immediately takes you back to the last channel you were watching.  It's now impossible to turn this option off and I assume I'll have to clear data through the Google TV App settings and/or uninstall and re-install.

OK it sounds like it keeps re-launching the last channel in a loop. We'll need to look at that. Thanks.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:48 PM, ebr said:

Can you try changing to a different channel during playback before attempting to back out?