"Watched" and Next Up not refreshing after watching episode

BillOatman
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

BillOatman

Not 100% sure if this is a client or server issue, but my guess is client.

My Shield has latest released version (not beta).  Windows server is also latest released.

I am watching a series ("Into the Badlands", pretty good for those interested :) ), and I have noticed that if I do "play next up" from the season screen, then when the episode is playing the credits at the end, if I go back to the season screen, the "Watched" checkbox is not set, and the "Next Up" is still showing the episode that I just watched.  If I go back one more screen to  the main show screen, then back to the season screen, the watched is set, and the next up is also correct.  So I think a refresh just isn't happening after going back to the season screen is all.

If this is unclear let me know and I'll add some screenshots.

Okay, there is no "Play Next Up" on the season screen and the check mark on that screen will pertain to the entire season as opposed to a single episode so I guess I need a couple pictures to see what is happening.

Thanks.

BillOatman

Yeah my memory was flawed for sure.

From the series screen:

5d311cf67e3ef_1.png

Showing next up, which is correct:

5d311d5039510_2.png

Hit the Play Next Up button ... S2E2 played as expected.  Near the end of the episode, while credits were rolling, pressed the back button on the remote (highlighted)::

5d311e7dedd87_button.jpg

This screen was displayed.  Note that S2E2 has the checkmark to indicate it has been played.  But it still shows as Next Up.

5d311eca9ffb9_3.png

Hit the back button, then the circle button to get to to that same page above.  And this is what displayed.  Note the correct Next Up episode, S2E3.

5d311f4353610_4.png

BillOatman

I watched another episode, this time instead of backing all the way out to see the Next Up display correctly, I pressed the Play Next Up button.  The correct episode played.  So this truly is just a cosmetic issue.

Edited by BillOatman

• Solution

Yeah, we're not re-loading the entire screen in that situation and i guess we need to.

Thanks.

• Like 1