Media Folders "No items to show

zeustek

zeustek

I keep having a recurrent problem where the files in media folders vanish, no matter how I connect to the server (web, MB Theater, MBC) I see "No items to show" (or 0-0 in the web interface).

Media still shows up in the filtered views, e.g. in the web interface if I click on Movies everything is there.

This only seems to happen on the account I set up for my kids, on my own account I occasionally get new media failing to show up (e.g. Robocop (2014) refused to show up until I deleted the whole library and re-created it).

My setup:

MB Server installed on:

Intel S2600CP4 with dual Xeon E5-2620, Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Folder structure:

E:\Media\

(all media is kept in this folder, so path substitution set up to \\server\media\)

sub folders:

\Kids Movies\

\A Bugs Life (1998)\

\Kids TV Shows\

\Angry Birds Toons\

\Season 1\Angry Birds Toons - S01E01.mkv

\Movies 3D\

\Bolt (2008)[sBS3D]\

\Movies HD\

\12 Years a Slave (2013)\

\TV Shows\

\24\

\Season 9\24 - S09E01.mkv

In MediaBrowser server I have libraries set up as such: "Kids Movies" pointing to "E:\Media\Kids Movies"

Currently both "Kids Movies" and "Kids TV Shows" are showing as completely empty when logged in as kids, the media all vanished from both libraries at the same time.

I can resolve it by deleting the libraries and re-creating them but it is happening quite frequently, like every few weeks which is annoying.

Here is a copy of my log, any help would be greatly appreciated.

MBSlog.txt

Koleckai Silvestri

No errors in the log. Are you letting the library scan complete?

zeustek

Is E: a local drive to that machine or a mapped network drive?

It's a local drive on the server. Clients connect via UNC path. 

I only recently switched to this method because, having used MediaBrowser for a long time, the option to re-map paths is new to me, a few weeks back I used to point the library to the UNC path on the server. I was hoping that changing it would resolve this particular issue.

3.0.5211.41935 is really far behind. Best thing to do is update to the latest as whatever the issue is may have been fixed.

zeustek

Any clues as to what might be causing this? should I re-create my libraries and message again when it crops up again?