Original File Folder Structure

Guest ApexPredator

Guest ApexPredator

I have been using every media player under the sun. I even used Media Browser back in the day, but was looking for an easier way to manage all of my content. I recently came back to check in and I have to say, I am extremely impressed with where MB has gone and I think the combination of the server, MBT and apps are amazing and a major step in the right direction. I have deleted all of my previous providers and am moving everything over to MB. I am having a few issues I would like to get corrected and would appreciate any help the community could provide :D

I have all of my movies in their original file folder structure.  I am experiencing a few issues and am not sure if these are all related to my file structure choice or just things I missed in the setup process?

Blu-Ray

1. Scenes - Work, but no images are captured
  2. Player – I am experiencing a small stutter in the video image for my files and when I playback a disk

DVD

1. Scenes - I do capture an image, but when I click on one, it just starts from the beginning
  2. Skips – I am unable to skip or fast forward during playback
  3. Reviews - The review tab is missing in MBT
  4. Resume – Clicking on a movie I started watching, just starts back at the beginning

General

1. Trailers – I have the trailer links in the server, but they do not show up in MBT
  2. Reviews – I downloaded the Rotten Tomatoes Reviews plugin and the review tab is still blank
  3. Subtitles – Do not work at all

By "Original folder structure" do you mean video_ts and bdmv folders?

If so, that is the least compatible format (other than ISO which is ultimately the same thing) because the probing tools aren't as good at reading them.

Most of your issues actually look like they are with MBT which is still in a developmental stage but be sure you have either defined your library using UNC paths or defined path substitutions for all of the locations so that the MBT machine can directly access your content.  It sounds like it is probably trying to stream.

If you have already done that then it is probably just issues with playback of those disc formats in the MBT player (which is custom).

Guest ApexPredator

By "Original folder structure" do you mean video_ts and bdmv folders?

If so, that is the least compatible format (other than ISO which is ultimately the same thing) because the probing tools aren't as good at reading them.

Yes. I did this as it allowed me to skip chapters in my old player. I know there are many options out there, any recomendations? (i.e. M2TS, MKV, H.264, MPEG-4)

One thing to be clear on is that M2TS and MKV are containers while H.264/MPEG-4 is an encoding type. i.e.  MKV's can contain MPEG-4 video.

MKV is one of the most popular and supported by a lot of tools so that is what I currently use.

Guest ApexPredator

Blu-Ray

1. Scenes - Work, but no images are captured – SOLVED

I converted my movie to MKV and now the scenes images load

1. Player – I am experiencing a small stutter in the video image for my files and when I playback a disk. – SOLVED

I set up a UNC folder share and that has seemed to fix the issue.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/703-how-to-make-unc-folder-shares/

DVD

1. Scenes - I do capture an image, but when I click on one, it just starts from the beginning
  4. Resume – Clicking on a movie I started watching, just starts back at the beginning

General

1. Trailers – I have the trailer links in the server, but they do not show up in MBT
  2. Reviews – I downloaded the Rotten Tomatoes Reviews plugin and the review tab is still blank

I adjusted my preferences in the server, to display only forced subtitles and that seemed to do the track. However, movies that are all subtitles still do not show up. No matter what selection I choose in the preferences, it still does not work. How do you get movies with all subtitles to show up in MBT?

Edited by ApexPredator

Guest ApexPredator

DVD

General

2. Reviews – I downloaded the Rotten Tomatoes Reviews plugin and the review tab is still blank – SOLVED

I did notice you must have the Rotten Tomatoes ID listed under external iD's (in the meta data) for the reviews to show up. So if you added the app after scanning your movies, you will have to refresh the meta data.

53913f038fc86_ServerRTID.jpg

If it is not listed, first hit the refresh button. If it does not find it, I will go to the Rotten Tomatoes site and look it up. The id is not listed in the URL link like IMBD. I click on the page and hit view page source and search for movieID.

53913f12a75f0_RTID.jpg

Once you add the Id number, the reviews will show up in MBT.

I adjusted my preferences in the server, to display only forced subtitles and that seemed to do the track. However, movies that are all subtitles still do not show up. No matter what selection I choose in the preferences, it still does not work.

Under Metadata in the server, I went to the subtitles tab and added my Open Subtitles Username I just created. This allows me to now add subtitles to all my movies. I am not sure why MBT does not see the subtitles I have in my files already. I can see them in the server, but MBT does not pick them up.

If I download subtitles in the server, it will now display in MBT, but the timing is off. I have tried several and get the same result.

53913f73a451f_ServerSub.jpg

Does anyone know why my original subtitles do not show up or how I can get the downloaded versions to sync properly with the audio?

Edited by ApexPredator

Guest ApexPredator

Does anyone know why my original subtitles do not show up or how I can get the downloaded versions to sync properly with the audio?

Can anyone help on sycing subtitles and audio files? I have no problem with my other players, it just does not seem to work on MBT?

External subtitle support is still a work in progress for MBT and is not yet complete.