Constantly buffering on LG TV with app

byakuya32

byakuya32

Hi I would like to submit a ticket as my LG TV is consistently buffering videos every 30 to seconds. I see the spinning when or the video pauses for a min. More often the first. I use the we browser and it works perfectly without buffering using direct play unless 4k I then have to drop the bitrate but that's to be expected at 120 mb/s with a 100 mbit port on the tv but it should auto decent that the port in the tv is only 100 meg and not gigabit. Can you look into why the app on the LG tv has this buffering spinning wheel issue?

Hi there, please try lowering the in-app quality setting and see how that compares. Please try setting it to 10 mbps and then work your way up from there as you see success. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

byakuya32

I have to set it to 720p 1mbps for it to work properly in the app which looks all pixalated. Yet I have no issues using 1080p 60 Mbps in the webrowser on the tv when I looked at the bandwidth meters on my switch I observed it works at 60mbps for a mind then it drops down to 700kbps. This happens when plugged directly into the router aswell. Also shouldn't the app auto detect the quality. I think there is big in the app where it is not able to maintain a network connection at the desired band with with a t100 port on LG TV's. Something is wrong with the app if it works perfectly in the webrowser on the same device at 1080p 60mbps. Can you please find out what is going on with the app.