How to log in with a hidden user?

davesurfer

davesurfer

So I created a hidden user account but how do I log in under it? When I log off, MBC just automatically logs in with my regular user account. Thanks!

davesurfer

You can't right now.

Why did you hide it?

It's an Adult user account, so I don't want it visible. Also, I don't want to have people have to select the default user account every time MBC loads, and then they see the Adult user listed on the user screen every time. So what does the hide user do if it can't be accessed? Or is this a new feature that was added that is still in beta?

Hide user is intended to hide things like admin users.  MBC simply hasn't implemented any way to manually enter a user because that is a fairly difficult task with only a remote control and it hasn't been needed/requested much.

davesurfer

Hide user is intended to hide things like admin users.  MBC simply hasn't implemented any way to manually enter a user because that is a fairly difficult task with only a remote control and it hasn't been needed/requested much.

I see. So the only way of adding access to restricted content is adding another user with a PIN, and having to do that extra button click every time MBC starts. I was looking for a feature similar to the old MB2 where one can just navigate to the top area and select "UNLOCK", enter PIN and then content would show, then it would either stay for 6 (4 hours?) hours or be removed when logging out and logging back in again.

You can configure MBC to automatically log-in as the normal user.  Then, when you want to use the Adult one, you just use the switch user functionality (click on the user icon).

davesurfer

You can configure MBC to automatically log-in as the normal user.  Then, when you want to use the Adult one, you just use the switch user functionality (click on the user icon).

A few more clicks but yeah that should work for now. Thanks!