Show Filter: Completed Show/ Still running show

Romek123

Romek123

I love to Binge watch shows and i hate when a show stops somewhere and i have to wait a year for next season.

this info is in TVDB scraper possible to get - would be nice to can filter shows for this similier to watched/unwatched status

thank you

What could we have done to make it easier to find? Thanks for the feedback.

Romek123

i have the option only on server. I use fire tv stick and there i could not find the filter till now. so dont know if its even possible on this client.

CChris

Hi, maybe, you could just display an icon to already stopped shows...
I haven't used such a filter until know - and to be honest, didn't know, that there was a filter since I just know which of my tv shows are currently running and which ones not...

But having a visible symbol somewhere on the tv show cover ... could be a nice indicator for a user.

I've just played arround with the filters and also found the additional information "show date / year"...
This information is great - but the filter does not work for me.

If I select "continuing" all tv shows dissappear, even there are some which are still in production (the expanse, the walking dead, star trek: discovery)

If I select "finished" also all tv shows dissappera, even there are some which have been stopped (star trek: deep space nine, st: the next generation, st: voyager, Alf, and so on)...

I am using the Webinterface of the Emby Server at the moment.

Edited by CChris

Hi, maybe, you could just display an icon to already stopped shows...

I haven't used such a filter until know - and to be honest, didn't know, that there was a filter since I just know which of my tv shows are currently running and which ones not...

But having a visible symbol somewhere on the tv show cover ... could be a nice indicator for a user.

I've just played arround with the filters and also found the additional information "show date / year"...

This information is great - but the filter does not work for me.

If I select "continuing" all tv shows dissappear, even there are some which are still in production (the expanse, the walking dead, star trek: discovery)

If I select "finished" also all tv shows dissappera, even there are some which have been stopped (star trek: deep space nine, st: the next generation, st: voyager, Alf, and so on)...

I am using the Webinterface of the Emby Server at the moment.

You can use the 3-dot menu to configure the view to show the series year, then then it will say 2012-2014 or 2012-Present.

CChris

You can use the 3-dot menu to configure the view to show the series year, then then it will say 2012-2014 or 2012-Present.

Yes, this is what I've just found and mentioned in my "edit" above.

Anyway - the filter seems to hide the content always...

let me show you with some screenshots :)

This is without having set any filter:

5d273af57b653_2019071115_34_02Serien.png

TV shows that are actually finished and continuing.

This is with filter "continuing"

5d273b22c95f3_2019071115_32_47Serien.png

The Output:

5d273b3410310_2019071115_33_00Serien.png

with filter "finished"

5d273b45a87a6_2019071115_33_23Serien.png

The output:

5d273b55d905b_2019071115_33_00Serien.png

and with enabled both options:

5d273b66c6c8f_2019071115_33_48Serien.png

the output:

5d273b76ef620_2019071115_33_00Serien.png

You'll need to use the metadata editor to set the series status. Or just refresh the metadata on that series.

CChris

You'll need to use the metadata editor to set the series status. Or just refresh the metadata on that series.

Doesn't change anything for me ... ?!

There is an issue with this in 4.1 for certain international users that is resolved in 4.2.

• Like 1