How do I configure to run windows indi games in gamebrowser?

crossnova

crossnova

Hey it's my first post here if there's anything wrong plz let me know.

*Emby Server 4.1.1.0

*Gamebrowser 3.2.3.0

I am trying to get my indie games collection on emby server and run them through theater, I'll list what I've learn from the introductions here:

1. Get emby, install the gamebrowser plug in.

2. Configure the setting of Gamebrower, Add Game systems, Select Windows, Select Game system folder.

My inventory is like this:

D:\Games\Windows\game1

D:\Games\Windows\game2

D:\Games\Windows\game3

Not sure about this step coz there's no any emulator of windows console for me select, so I just selected "D:\Games\Windows"

4. Go to Library, Add media library, Contents type:Games, Folders: D:\Games, ok.

I have to create game.gbwin file in each folders or there will be nothing on the list of games menu.

5. Go to Theater, Settings->External players->Add. Media type: Game. Here's the problem, what should it be of the "Player path" ?? there is no player for windows games.

I wanna ask:

1. What should I fill in the player path?

2. Is it correct to put the .gbwin file in the folder even if my client is not a classic emby?

3. If I can set up all of this, do I need to pay for premium to run games in theater, or, is there any other suggested client of doing so?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there @@crossnova, I'm afraid we haven't added support for the gbwin thing yet in Emby Theater. It's possible for the future.

@@crazybbs or @@eraser8 may have some tips on using external players to launch windows games. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
eraser8

Hi there @@crossnova, I'm afraid we haven't added support for the gbwin thing yet in Emby Theater. It's possible for the future.

@@crazybbs or @@eraser8 may have some tips on using external players to launch windows games. Thanks.

Hi, unfortunately, I already use the game browser plugins but it's like 4 years ago. I no longer use it since this time... cannot help on that one.