Where did the overlay go?

Heckler

Heckler

As per the subject, there used to be an overlay that would appear when you hovered over an item in the browser, it's gone now which means you have to click on each item then play.

Now I know an extra click isn't a big deal, but it was convenient when you were catching up on several things in a session, that extra click then becomes an extra 3 clicks when you finish one episode and want to play another one from another show. Before it was just a question of highlighting the next episode of a show and clicking play.

Also, in the second pic... WTF is happening to that one image from Dirk gently?  It used to display correctly, and if you go into the show it's the correct size/ratio. It happens to the other episodes for that show too. Yet the actual images are the correct size/ratio when you view them individually or from the browser edit/metadata... Even within MBC they show up correctly.

It's just weird.

5381248ccc64d_Capture.jpg538124990dbb7_Capture2.jpg

The hover overlays are still there.  If it isn't working for you now then it may be an issue with the browser.

For the weird image - edit that episode and scroll down to "Display Options".  Remove any value that is in the "Treat Image As" field.

• Like 1

Heckler

I'm using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m on both systems, and it's happening to both of them, but it's working with Firefox v28.0

As for the image, I've edited the episodes and there was nothing in the 'display options' field at all, but I put the cursor in there and hit delete anyway, and saved.... Made no difference.

I'll have a dig through the image cache later and see if I can spot it, manually delete it and see if it populates properly again.

CBers

As per the subject, there used to be an overlay that would appear when you hovered over an item in the browser, it's gone now which means you have to click on each item then play.

The hover overlays are still there.  If it isn't working for you now then it may be an issue with the browser.

I'm using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m on both systems, and it's happening to both of them, but it's working with Firefox v28.0

You mean like this (taken from one of Abo's posts):

5370d6ce4e2e6_mediab3abo1597.jpg

The overlay has been missing from the last few (dev) releases.

It doesn't work here in Chrome, IE or FireFox.

Heckler

@@CBers  it's this one (I found an old screenshot from when it was working in another thread I posted)

I don't install Dev builds only release ones, currently running   Version 3.0.5238.39498

53261697cc9f7_Capture2.jpg

Edited by Heckler

AdrianW

The overlay was missing for me for ages - but, in my case it seemed to be caused by some Logitech software for a trackpad. I unpaired the trackpad from the Logitech Unifying software and straight away the overlay came back.

Good day,

For me with latest testing dv build, with Chrome, it still working without problem:

5382193c0a6b1_mediab3abo1639.jpg

My best

CBers

@@CBers it's this one (I found an old screenshot from when it was working in another thread I posted)

I don't install Dev builds only release ones, currently running Version 3.0.5238.39498

53261697cc9f7_Capture2.jpg

OK, that's working fine here.

The synopsis overlay still doesn't.

Latchmor

I had the overlay issue back on Chrome Dev 36.0.1976.2. I now have 37.0.2008.2 and the overlay is back  :)

Heckler

OK, so chances are it'll be back in the next release then... I can wait as I don't like messing around with dev builds.

AdrianW

OK, so chances are it'll be back in the next release then... I can wait as I don't like messing around with dev builds.

It never went away - it's more than likely an issue at your end, with your browser or with conflicting software.

DGMayor

I'm experiencing both issues as well.  No overlay and the squished thumbnails.  The second issue happened after the latest update to Coverart, now that I think about it.

If I edit the episode and look at the image it's fine, it's only in the upcoming Suggested episode list of the web client that it's squished.

Edited by DGMayor
  • Like 1

I'm experiencing both issues as well.  No overlay and the squished thumbnails.  The second issue happened after the latest update to Coverart, now that I think about it.

If I edit the episode and look at the image it's fine, it's only in the upcoming Suggested episode list of the web client that it's squished.

Is there anything in the "Treat Image As" field?

DGMayor

Is there anything in the "Treat Image As" field?

Yeah, MKV was in there on these episodes.  Removed it and and hit refresh and that did the trick.  Wonder why some got that and some didn't (pretty much everything is an mkv).  But that just helps the current "suggested".  Others in the series are showing with the same "Treat Image As"...I'm certainly not going to go episode by episode to clear it.   Any ideas?

Going through an entire season, some episodes have nothing there, some MKV and some "episode".  

??

As far as the overlay...it's working at work..same browser, so not sure what's up with that.

Edited by DGMayor

Yogi

Yeah, MKV was in there on these episodes.  Removed it and and hit refresh and that did the trick.  Wonder why some got that and some didn't (pretty much everything is an mkv).  But that just helps the current "suggested".  Others in the series are showing with the same "Treat Image As"...I'm certainly not going to go episode by episode to clear it.   Any ideas?

Going through an entire season, some episodes have nothing there, some MKV and some "episode".  

I have 8000+ episodes and wasn't looking forward to go in and check every epsiode with the exact same problem

If you are using Coverart,Go into the plugin and tick use 'use original art aspect ratio'.

That fixed mine when ebr suggested to do that.

An external metadata tool filled those values in at some point in time.  CA was "fixed" to properly pay attention to it for the purposes of telling the web client what shape of image it should expect.

DGMayor

An external metadata tool filled those values in at some point in time.  CA was "fixed" to properly pay attention to it for the purposes of telling the web client what shape of image it should expect.

*shakes fist at Metabrowser*   I guess that would explain why the newer episodes don't have it, since I switched to MB3 only metadata a few months ago.

• Like 1

Heckler

It never went away - it's more than likely an issue at your end, with your browser or with conflicting software.

I meant in the next release of Chrome @AdianW 

Heckler

OK, the setting within CA resolved the issue, I knew it couldn't be any kind of external metadata issue because I only use MBS to collect metadata now and have been since I started using MBS... that particular show was only added a few weeks ago.

OK, the setting within CA resolved the issue, I knew it couldn't be any kind of external metadata issue because I only use MBS to collect metadata now and have been since I started using MBS... that particular show was only added a few weeks ago.

Good day,

What the settings within CA that solve the issue?

My best

Heckler

The 'use original aspect ratio' setting in CA resolved the squished image I was seeing in the browser for one show.

buddyweiser

Well that explains why some of my game pics were squished :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Heckler

Update on this... the issue wasn't with the chrome browser.

The server has been updated and the issue is now resolved... I'm still using the same Version 35.0.1916.114 m of Chrome.