Media Browser for IOS with Ipad2

Blusky

Blusky

Finally got a chance to try My Ipad2 away from home. I am using MB3 Server with my ripped MKV, 1080p collection. I have a DNS address that I use to connect to my server.

My download speed is about 2mbps .

The picture quality is excellent . The issue I am having is the picture freezes for about 15,seconds then plays well for about 35,to 40 seconds. My guess is that my download speed is a bit slow??

Is there anything I can do to help fix this issue??

Thanks to the dev. For creating such an amazing proggy.

Edited by Blusky

Koleckai Silvestri

You will need to lower the quality settings in the App until it works. 2 Mbps is fairly low. Most of the apps default to 3.2 Mbps as that is seen as the minimum for HD in most cases.

im85288

The bottleneck will normally be the upload speed of your home setup. If you can for example upload at 2mbps then set the download to something similar...my upload is about 6mbps and is more than usable for remote watching on the iPad :)

Blusky

You will need to lower the quality settings in the App until it works. 2 Mbps is fairly low. Most of the apps default to 3.2 Mbps as that is seen as the minimum for HD in most cases.

The bottleneck will normally be the upload speed of your home setup. If you can for example upload at 2mbps then set the download to something similar...my upload is about 6mbps and is more than usable for remote watching on the iPad :)

Thanks for your reply Wayne Luke and im85288. Just got home where the MB3 server is at and I just did a speed test on it and my download speed is 57.61 Mbps and upload is 11.68Mbps. So looks like the upload looks fast enough. Not sure what it was this afternoon when I was away from home but it should have been somewhere around the same.

My download at the location I was at earlier today with my iPad was about 2Mbps which was low for HD. So next time I will lower the quality until it works. I was impressed at the quality of the video , looked really good.

I tried from my home using my DNS address through the internet and it played with no problems. So it definetly looks like the issue was the 2Mbps at the location I was at.

On another note I noticed that every time I stopped viewing and then returned to same movie it always started the movie at the beginning and not where I stopped viewing before. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Edited by Blusky