Library scan fails due to Malformed disk

marauder

marauder

I am getting a library scan failed error, but my library is still updating and I'm able to watch videos without issue. Checking the logs I'm getting a malformed disk image error.

Which DB would this be? Library.db. I was thinking if trying to repair it using sqllite shell, which has worked for me in the past with Sonarr and Radarr issues.

Would this issue be related to an issue where my up next is showing random shows? For example, it'll show up next of a random season and episode of a show I've never watched.

2019-06-26 23:50:14.705 Error TaskManager: Error
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.1.1.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.19.41.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Corrupt: database disk image is malformed
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItem(BaseItem item, Int64 topParentId, String userDataKey, IStatement insertItemStatement, IStatement updateItemStatement)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItemsInTranscation(IDatabaseConnection db, List`1 tuples)
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<RunInTransaction>b__0(IDatabaseConnection db)
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RunInTransaction[T](IDatabaseConnection This, Func`2 f, TransactionMode mode)
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RunInTransaction(IDatabaseConnection This, Action`1 action, TransactionMode mode)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItems(List`1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.CreateItems(List`1 items, BaseItem parent, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
     at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
     at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
    Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
    TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCL.sqlite3, Int32)

2019-06-26 23:50:14.705 Info TaskManager: Scan media library Failed after 0 minute(s) and 2 seconds

Hi, unfortunately you'll need to shutdown the server and rename this file:

/config/data/library.db

When you start back up everything will need to be re-scanned. Have you been taking backups? This will result in loss of user data as well, so if you can partially use the server then you may want to get that backed up before hand:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Backup

Typical causes of this are sudden and abrupt terminations of the emby server process, such as a loss of power, server machine crash or failure, or force closing the emby server process, which if you're doing that, then I would avoid doing that and use the controls in Emby to shut down.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
jmariani

Hi!

Had the same issue on a Mac. Renamed the library.db file. Library took one week to complete the scan.

• But all of my playlists are gone.
  • And the app is slow as hell (again). The issue was solved in 4.2, but I upgraded to 4.2.1 and is back.

How can I recover my playlists?

Hi!

Had the same issue on a Mac. Renamed the library.db file. Library took one week to complete the scan.

• But all of my playlists are gone.
  • And the app is slow as hell (again). The issue was solved in 4.2, but I upgraded to 4.2.1 and is back.

How can I recover my playlists?

Please attach the emby server log. Try adding a new playlist, then running a library scan and seeing if that brings them back. Thanks.

Like this one.

Stays there and nothing happens... only the rainbow circle of death.5d6d35e1bdeaf_Untitled.png

What browser and version is that?  Can you supply the contents of the browser debug console? Thanks !

Hi!

It's Safari Technology Preview (Release 90 (Safari 13.1, WebKit 15609.1.2.2)) on macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A546d)

Please find log attached.

Can you try clearing browsing data? Are you sure the server is running?

jmariani

Hi.

Server: 4.2.1

Browser: Safari Technology Preview Release 91 (Safari 13.1, WebKit 15609.1.3)

MacOS: Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A546d)

• Cleared caches.
  • Exited the server (btw, there's a zombie process "EmbyServer.app". Had to kill it)
  • Vacuumed library.db
  • Started the server.
  • Loaded "http://app.emby.media"
  • Nothing

Please find attached logs

Console.txt

post-343083-0-95142500-1567955105_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by jmariani

jmariani

app.emby.media looks to work on Safari standard (Version 13.0 (15608.2.5))

Also, works on Safari Technical Preview only if I connect to 192.168.1.xxx. If I try with app.emby.media, it doesn't work