Default to hidden year

photos

photos

I'm finding that even if I uncheck this option, it comes back. I'm getting ready to send details to my family & I don't want the years to show up (because none are accurate) with all of the photos. Is there any kind of workaround that might make this setting stick? Thanks.

Happy2Play

Isn't the issue because that setting has to be applied to every folder not a library like TV or Movies?  In Mixed content and Home Videos and Photos, every folder layer has that option and has to be applied on each one.

• 2 weeks later...
sundevil67

Unfortunately the change just doesn't stick. I'm sure it isn't completely random - like maybe it gets refreshed when the library is refreshed, but the bottom line is that I'm still having the problem, and as predicted, it's causing confusion among visitors (all the years are actually wrong, and represent the date the photo was digitized or added to my library as opposed to the year it was taken). Anyone have any suggestions for how to prevent the filter adjustment to hide the year remain in place?

5d2681a074515_ScreenShot20190710at52338P

Happy2Play

Unfortunately the change just doesn't stick. I'm sure it isn't completely random - like maybe it gets refreshed when the library is refreshed, but the bottom line is that I'm still having the problem, and as predicted, it's causing confusion among visitors (all the years are actually wrong, and represent the date the photo was digitized or added to my library as opposed to the year it was taken). Anyone have any suggestions for how to prevent the filter adjustment to hide the year remain in place?

5d2681a074515_ScreenShot20190710at52338P

What is your "Date added behavior for new content" (Dashboard-Library-Advandced tab/header).  Can you provide a specific example all the images I have tested with use the created date.  So guess if you have digitized older content then I can see how this would actually be wrong since there are only to options file creating date and date added.

Have not been able to reproduce the year option resetting on a already applied folder layer.

Make sure your browsing data is not being cleared.

It sticks just fine here in my testing.