Where should Music Genre art be located ?

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi All

It appears that music genre art (an genres in general) is in a couple of places. (on my installation anyway)

\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\MusicGenre

and

\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\Genre

I noticed this because the win8 client is looking for art in the genre folder, where as the web client and MBC are looking in the MusicGenre folder. I have posted a question in the win8 forum about Music genre art not displaying. I added a Monty Python album to my collection and it shows up in the "comedy" genre as expected. I have no art for the music genre comedy,  Win8 shows the art from the general folder.

All manner of music genres are in the "genre" folder. Over the last couple of months I have jumped around between production, beta and dev  server releases. (Last month or so been using beta level, see current version below).

Anyway where should they be and can I or should I delete elsewhere.

Thanks,

-Vicpa

Koleckai Silvestri

Should be in the MusicGenre folder as the images are different from those used for movie and television genres.

Vicpa

Thanks for the quick reply.

I agree, should I delete the "music genres" in the regular genre folder ?

Koleckai Silvestri

Up to you. I don't have any music genres in this folder. In light of your other issue with the 8.1 App, you might want to hold off until that is resolved.