Outside Network Connection Required Username

Flixar
Go to solution Solved by darkassassin07,

Flixar

Up to recently I was able to access my server from outside my network, I am still able to do it, and everyone who has already use it too, but new people that are trying to get into my server are ask to enter a username and password. I've chack the log and nothing is logged about that exept if I click the connect with wrong username. This is happening while using borwser(Chrome and safari) and in the Application too(Tested on Android and iPhone).

And when I try from inside my network its working fine.

Edited by Flixar

Hi there, this is normal. Are you expecting them to be able to get in authenticated?

Flixar

No, before that they were getting in just by going in the app and selecting user after setting up the server Ip, but its stop working in the past week or month, now they are request to login instead of just selecting a user

Edited by Flixar

• Solution
darkassassin07

There was a change recently that split up the option 'hide user from login screen' into two options:

'hide user from login screens on the local network'

And

'hide user from login screens when connected remotely'

That second option is enabled by default. You will have to go to each user in the server dashboard and change these options to your liking. (they are at the bottom of the profile tab)

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 2

darkassassin07

Glad I could help :)

I will say, as you have your server accessible from the internet; its a really good idea to have passwords for all your users,especially those that are displayed directly on the login screen.

Without it, anyone that happens across your server on the internet (it happens far more often than you'd think) can access your server using up resources and possibly modifying things.

This is absolutely nessesary for admin users as they have full control over emby.

But, it's your server so I'll leave it at that.