JukeBox software for parties with touch screen

JeremyG

JeremyG

This is sort of related to the emby world, so maybe people here would have some input.   I have over the years setup touch-screen Jukebox software when I host parties.   Tried to kind of make Emby fill this role but it's not up to the task.

I had one that is great but VERY outdated, and is single-touch.  (no drag-n-drop etc).  The current best option I have is called JukeBox RT from Windows 10 app store, but looking for better options.

There's a few things I'm looking for:

• A play queue so that new selections dont stop the current song
  • Album Artwork
  • Preferably browse-able by artist or album or song
  • Continue to play music even if no-one has selected any songs!!!   <---this is key
  • A way for me as the "admin" jump in and make quick changes (skip a song, change volume etc)
  • 2 different modes:
    • Access to my whole music collection....for small gatherings
    • A way to limit selection....for parties so people dont play stupid stuff!

Appreciate any recommendations!

Edited by JeremyG

Gilgamesh_48

I "think" MediaMonkey will do what you want if set up correctly. I use MediaMonkey for my audio files but I have never tried to do anything like what you are trying to do. 

One thing about MediaMonkey is that it very simple to get setup and use in its basic functionality, which is all I need or use, but there are many layers of complexity underneath that allows many different and diverse setups to accomplish a great deal of different things.

On the "Touch Screen" functionality I know MediaMonkey on Android can be configured where a tablet can control a MediaMonkey server running on a regular computer. I have tested that functionality but it did not serve my needs so I do not use that but I do use one of the several MediaMonkey remotes available for Android. There are several but I use "RemoteMonkey" because I like the larger buttons. The other one I have tested is "MMRemote" it also functions very well.