Hi, I've been struggling with this issue for a few months, films that need transcoding (even if its just audio or new container) will start jumping back 1-2s every 10s, just over an hour into the film.
- happened when streaming to an apple tv, as well as to a browser
- also got lots of ffmpeg logs from the time when the stuttering started
- The logs would look normal until the stuttering, when it would show transcoding restarting `ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 1ed06f' Execute:....` every few seconds. These would be followed by `ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 1ed06f' Process exited with code 139`, but I also saw that same error further up, before the stuttering started, so not sure if it's related.
- It would persist after restarting emby or rebooting the Pi.
- Tried moving /tmp off the SD card into HDD with no effect
- Also thought it was just too much work for the Pi, but it wasn't running hot, and real video transcoding of short videos works fine.
However, I just downloaded the latest beta and it has been working so far, I'll report back if it starts up again. Or let me know if you'd like any more info.
I'm curious if there was a specific fix in there or was it just from updating ffmpeg?