Series Recording after Tuner Change

wayneph

wayneph

Howdy, I am in the processing of switching from cable to antenna for my local television stations.  I've got about 20 shows (most not on during the summer) currently set up to record on a single channel.  As expected, the old channel numbers don't line up so Emby isn't recording new shows.  Is there a way to keep the current series scheduled and just change the "One Channel" from the old HDHomerun Prime to the new HDHomerun Connect?  Since most aren't running right now, I'm afraid I'll forget (or miss some) this fall since they don't all start during the same week.

Edit: I should probably mention, I am using Emby Premier with the Emby Guide Data.  No XML, no Schedules Direct, etc...

Thanks,

Wayne

Edited by wayneph

wayneph

OK, I did a little looking in the program files and I found the seriestimers.json file in programdata\data\livetv directory.  It looks like it contains the information that would need to be updated.  I don't think I need to touch the timers.json file directly, but I could be wrong.  I cancelled and recreated one of the shows on the new tuner and it doesn't look like there are that many changes and most shouldn't be necessary...

Based on the screenshot below, I think I should just need to change the ChannelId and maybe the Channel at the end of the ProgramId.  The other fields should be able to stay as is.

Is it really this simple, or am I completely missing something?

Thanks,

Wayne

post-478745-0-35430500-1560568405_thumb.png

Hi, yes you can certainly try it. But chances are you could probably delete and re-create the series recordings in a shorter amount of time then it would take to tinker with this.

Hi, yes you can certainly try it. But chances are you could probably delete and re-create the series recordings in a shorter amount of time then it would take to tinker with this.

Not if his guide data doesn't have any of the episodes scheduled...  I think that is the position he is in.  Since it is summer, he cannot use the guide to re-create them.

I've got about 20 shows (most not on during the summer) currently set up to record on a single channel.