iOS app update?

DigitalFool

DigitalFool

I know the iPad app is coming shortly, does that include updates to the existing iOS application or is this a separate application? I only ask because I feel the existing iOS app has been spotty at best as I continue to push updates to the server. All my other mediums work good, so I know it's not the setup/content/cpu etc.

sfnetwork

iPad and iPhone apps are separate apps.

Once the iPad one gets to the store (and maybe after some fixes and optimizations based on feedbacks), it was mentioned that some porting would be done in iPhone one.

Edited by sfnetwork

DigitalFool

Once the iPad one gets to the store (and maybe after some fixes and optimizations based on feedbacks), it was mentioned that some porting would be done in iPhone one.

Great, thanks!

sfnetwork

You'll see, the iOS clients will end up being awesome  ;)

• Like 2

sfnetwork

Any idea when the app will be submitted? I mean the iphone app works on the ipad as well, but I'm very curious after you guys really put the suspense on with the demos, etc. :)

To my knowledge,

Initial build of an app submitted to appstore can take longer to be approved by Apple so if submitted already (I can't confirm if it was already) and IF they approve it the first time, the process takes time... So, if they rejected it for dev to fix whatever they don't like, that makes it even longer... 

So only ETA I think you'll have is "soon"  :)

• Like 1

Dibbes

Any idea when the app will be submitted? I mean the iphone app works on the ipad as well, but I'm very curious after you guys really put the suspense on with the demos, etc. :)

sfnetwork

Just bought an iPad yesterday. Looking forward to it :)

Good timing  ;)

darwindeeds

Guys, just wanted to give you an update. The app has been submitted to the appstore, it has been a week now. Our review ran into an issue because of potential use of copy-right content. Our screenshots for the app included movies that are owned by Disney and apple doesn't seem to like that. So we had to resubmit with public domain movies.

Every other app uses Disney content but why us, is beyond me.

I hope that you would still share the same enthusiasm even if the Appstore sceenshots doesn't look as appeal :)

Thanks again for the support, we are anxious to get this release into your hands.

• Like 8

kevinmd88

Guys, just wanted to give you an update. The app has been submitted to the appstore, it has been a week now. Our review ran into an issue because of potential use of copy-right content. Our screenshots for the app included movies that are owned by Disney and apple doesn't seem to like that. So we had to resubmit with public domain movies.

I hope that you would still share the same enthusiasm even if the Appstore sceenshots doesn't look as appeal :)

Thanks again for the support, we are anxious to get this release into your hands.

Makes no difference to me - I know what it's capable of with or without fancy screenshots and will be sure to enlighten the app store accordingly.

• Like 1

Dibbes

YaY!!!!!  :D

paulcdb

Our screenshots for the app included movies that are owned by Disney and apple doesn't seem to like that. So we had to resubmit with public domain movies.

And the iPhone app contains art from Pixar and others yet they passed it, lol

Bit annoying when the criteria seems to change depending on the weather, or maybe it depends on wether the reviewer has just started, or just about to finish work? :P

kevinmd88

It could also depend on how "good" any given reviewer is at his or her job. I assume more than one exist, so human error could be at stake

mediacowboy

Any more news on this being available?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fantaxp7

Still in review and waiting :(

I'm sure they are just blown away by it and are in complete awe...now the Apple execs are trying to rip off your great app one way or another ;)

foghat

I thought the ipad app was going to be a paid app. No? If not, it should be.

MrWebsmith

darwin: thanks for the check-in.. as we all wait to pounce on this app and im sure LOVE IT, i think you should throw a donation link up someplace and let us all know about it... you need many many community-purchased beers for your hard work!

Mfusick

Just design a sync feature to auto sync content locally on your ipad...   and charge like $5 for it.  You'll make plenty of cash (and well deserved).    That would be a popular feature.   

darwindeeds

It will be a paid app at launch, we set the initial price at $3.99. We plan to create a uservoice page for people to vote on the feature requests. 

• Like 3

snazy2000

I think a uservoice page would be good for every client and the server. So the features that everyone wants could be done first :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1