Studio Images Not Showing

Yogi

Yogi

No matter what theme I use the studio images are not showing in MBC.

The movies or tv shows have the studios populated in the metadata as below for Avatar as an example.

537dd42b8aa68_Untitled.png

All the studio images have been downloaded as a thumb image via MBS but I presume MBC is looking for a primary image and that is why it is not showing.

537dd534c8fb7_Untitled1.png

Is there a way for the images to show or have MBS download them as a primary image?

I'm sure MBC is looking for primary images.  Those thumbs would be too big to display in most of the places that themes display them.

Yogi

What is the purpose of MBS downloading them and putting them in the IBN folder.

If the images are too big for MBC themes,which clients use them? Because they aren't used in the web client either.

They were originally used by the web client and MBT I believe.  I also thought there was an option to retrieve primary images as well, but maybe that was just for genres.

Yogi

Yeh I think it was for Genres,so now we have no way to show studio images. :(

Maybe we need something added in MBS to use the thumb images somehow.

Edited by Yogi

The overall design has moved away from images for a lot of these items so that is probably why it hasn't been all tidied up yet.

Necker

If you manually change the image names in the IBN folders to folder.jpg then they will show in some mbc themes.

If you manually change the image names in the IBN folders to folder.jpg then they will show in some mbc themes.

You don't have to do that.  You can use the metadata manager to upload images directly.

BATTLE DONKEY

It would be nice to have the primary images saved as .PNG with a clear background so that it only shows the logo and not a rectangle hogging up screen space but I think that would require a huge amount of effort considering the time it has already taken to find and clean up the studio images itself

Yogi

It would be nice to have the primary images saved as .PNG with a clear background so that it only shows the logo and not a rectangle hogging up screen space but I think that would require a huge amount of effort considering the time it has already taken to find and clean up the studio images itself

@@BATTLE DONKEY

I have just found a folder with 1125 studio images in png format,if you want them just pm me and I will upload them for you somewhere.

I uploaded them as a primary image via the web editor and all showing nicely in MBC :)

• 4 months later...

Well I just noticed this recently as well because I had dumped my original IBN folder from the MB2 days to start fresh, was little surprised I had icons in server but not in classic anywhere, then I realized that they are thumb.jpg not folder.jpg. Sigh, I like the work that went into the thumb.jpg and they would be fine as a folder.jpg as most MBC themes don't care about original image size for these and size them to the space allotted as well but that's a lot of manual copy/paste work for a library of my size and to have to do this every time a new studio is added would also stink. Anyway we cant just have double images available from media browser designs source for these same as genres?

• Like 1