Cannot install any plugins.

aerospyke
Go to solution Solved by aerospyke,

aerospyke

Hi all,

I can't install any plugins. When I go to the catalog, select a plugin (for example, subdued theme), and choose install, I get a window that scrolls "installing subdued" forever. I left it overnight and came int he next morning and it was still showing the same thing. I am an admin user on the machine. Running server and classic on the one machine, my HTPC.

Any help or further info let me know.

aerospyke

Thanks, looked at the logs (now I know where they are it helps alot) and found an error occurring that it cannot access the destination file as it is in use, and there was the DLL for the plugin there already at 0kb... deleted that, restarted and tried again. Now I have a file at 36kb but still stuck. the log file looks like the same error. i'm not very good at these style trace logs, hopefully it is glaringly obvious for you!

MBClassic-2252014ef1ca05cc98a4ee08ad7bb3560b5c749.log

aerospyke

Thats what I did, I deleted the DLL file and restarted the machine completely, thats when I went from having a 0KB file to having a 36KB file. Shall I do it again?

aerospyke

Attached is a clean log, I don't know what the errors are about not being able to download music by genre or music albums as I don't have music in my collections nor any music plugins (in fact, have NO plugins as the thread implies) in the client, and server only has automatic boxsets.

MBClassic-23520141e2550bbd9fd410d89b973cb0d3f0257.log

You have Chocolate and ThemeVideoBackdrops installed.  Chocolate is working fine it appears and the other one may be but it is throwing exceptions.

The last line in that log says that Subdued was being installed.  What happened with that?  There are no errors associated with it.

It appears each time you have reported a problem here it has been with the same plug-in (subdued) and there are others installed so, maybe it is something with that dll.  Can you try to install something else?

• Solution
aerospyke

I will try something else, sure. I think it would be that one but nothing else is free that I can try.... subdued is the one I was trying to install and it just sits there pretending to do something

EDIT: OMG following up on a previous issue I had, media browser was nothing to do with it but rather being effected by it. It seems the IPS module on my firewall was buggering up and as soon as I turned that off, all issues went away and plugin installed!

HOORAY

Thanks for the help, you have shown me where to find stuff that help me figure things out on my own. Cheers! Can't wait until payday, donation coming your way

• Like 1