TV Tuner Hauppauge

ErikaJ

ErikaJ

Good Day...I have a Hauppauge WinTV 885 which has 4 tuners. When setting up the tuner under Live TV>TV Source setup, Emby does not recognize it? Is there something I am missing as I thought Hauppauge was supported by Emy?

Have you installed the latest drivers? Does it show up in hauppauge wintv?

ErikaJ

Yes it does show up in hauppauge WinTV and I use it in NPVR so I think all is good. I will check on the driver thing and let you know. Thanks Luke. Cheers

ErikaJ

I just check and it is the latest. I also downloaded driver85_1_59_36248.exe to make sure and re-installed the drivers. I am still getting 

5cf940a94d366_hauppauge1.png

So that's a 2010 model tuner? I wonder if it's just not supported by the hauupauge sdk that we're using.

ErikaJ

That's a definite possibility Luke. I only say that because it works in NPVR and it worked in Kodi and obviously worked in its own proggy. Is that something that you can fix or is it better that I buy another Hauppauge. If buying is the better fix then what do I look for to make sure Emby will support it. Cheers..

Edited by snaitaz

ErikaJ

The what to look for question was based on the fact that I purchased said tuner 2 years ago so obviously they had a backlog of old tuners.

Possibly down the road by reworking our tuner support so that we don't depend on the hauppauge sdk, but not something that will happen quickly. If you were in the market for a newer tuner I would suggest an HD Homerun network tuner.

jasonwilliams

Not sure if this helps, but I originally had this problem when I setup my HD-PVR (which is also from last decade), but the problem was I also had NextPVR installed and reserving the tuner.  When I removed NextPVR, it detected the tuner right away.  Works with both WinTV 8 and WinTV 8.5.

sub3

Not sure if this helps, but I originally had this problem when I setup my HD-PVR (which is also from last decade), but the problem was I also had NextPVR installed and reserving the tuner.  When I removed NextPVR, it detected the tuner right away.  Works with both WinTV 8 and WinTV 8.5.

FYI - that wouldn't have been the case. NextPVR doesn't reserve a tuner. It wont even touch the tuner until it's time to record, or the user tries to watch a live stream in NextPVR. Any tuner will be free for other software to use at other times.

ErikaJ

@@Luke...I looked into the HDHR set and found they have 5 flavors of their product. The 6 tuner was my first choice but then realized that it had to be connected to that nasty "cable". The Quatro seems to be the most likely choice so I may venture down that road as long as Emby will support this device. Having an external device will hopefully also relieve some resource strain on my PC. Thoughts? Cheers and thanks.

Yes that's exactly the benefit of a network tuner. That and you can still use it if your PC is having an issue.

arrbee99

As I mentioned in your other thread, if you've already got NPVR working with your 885 tuner, I'd just try the NextPVR plugin. Unless you've tried it already. But don't try the plugin and Embys Hauppauge feature at the same time maybe.

Again, your trying the all in one approach so, again, just a thought.