Anime Support in Media Browser Server Media Selection

unknownclient

unknownclient

I have searched the forums and googled, "it" so I will apologize in advance for my ignorance with the usage of MediaBrowser Server/ Client. I have 19.1TB of Movies, TV Shows and Anime. I would would like to humbly suggest that a anime media selection would be added to the server client. In addition it would be nice to see TV shows that come from over the pond and or other countries could be supported. If all this is already possible again excuse my ignorance as I have tried searching "anime" on the forums and turned up 0 results.

If a expert, or courteous user could point me in a direction to accomplish this feature set I would be very appreciative.

techywarrior

Just add the anyone or foreign shows and you should see them work fine. There is also an anime plugin that will get additional meta info. Only issue for foreign shows would be if they had the same name as another show. Then you should make sure to have the year in the name to help the meta data fetcher.

I have a lot of anime with no issues.

• 2 weeks later...
unknownclient

Where would I find the anyone or foreign shows option. I see movies, tv shows, home video and thats it.

Koleckai Silvestri

As far as Media Browser is considered, An Anime Movie is a Movie. An Anime Series is a Television Series. Foreign Movie is just another Genre. The information will be collected as long is there is a data provider for it.

What is "Foreign"?

That would be contextual.  To most of the world - Hollywood movies are Foreign ;).

• Like 1

smokey7722

Also, even with the anime plugin, parsing the filenames if you leave them with the fansub group and crc in them doesn't work very well.  About 80% of my anime is not parsed and read in.  It just shows the filename as it can't do it.

Koleckai Silvestri

Also, even with the anime plugin, parsing the filenames if you leave them with the fansub group and crc in them doesn't work very well.  About 80% of my anime is not parsed and read in.  It just shows the filename as it can't do it.

Extraneous information can lead to problems.

smokey7722

Extraneous information can lead to problems.

The problem is thats how the releases actually are.  Thats why I mentioned it.  I used to remove that data but then I would not be able to track which fansub group released it and be able to verify its not corrupt (crc).  Now I leave it as released, but obviously it won't parse for all of them correctly.  Some do parse right, some don't.

Koleckai Silvestri

Put the information in brackets [] at the end of the filename to see if it works better. Can also put it at the bottom of the overview field in the metadata.

smokey7722

Put the information in brackets [] at the end of the filename to see if it works better. Can also put it at the bottom of the overview field in the metadata.

Here's one example that does NOT parse right.  All the extra info is in brackets with the show and episode number like normal.

[uTW]_Accel_World_-_01_[h264-720p][F574698F]

smokey7722

The filename doesn't meet naming requirements. It needs to be named as a television series using one of the formats here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/wiki/Library-Structure

Thats what I was saying, Anime is released in the below format, different from TV or others already used in MB. 

[fansub group name]_<title>_-_[episide]_[quality][crc].mkv (or whatever container being used but usually mkv nowadays).  

Adding a new media type of Anime could allow you to accept this widely used standard of naming.

Edited by smokey7722

Koleckai Silvestri

I just rename mine to fit the requirements of the server. I don't need all the information in the filename because it can be held in the Metadata. You should try to contact the author of the Anime Metadata plugin because they would be able to handle that naming through their provider.

smokey7722

I just rename mine to fit the requirements of the server. I don't need all the information in the filename because it can be held in the Metadata. You should try to contact the author of the Anime Metadata plugin because they would be able to handle that naming through their provider.

I've had posts in for that plugin on this for a while with no response.  I'll try reaching out directly though.  And I prefer to keep the fansub group info at a minimum in the filename as it allows me to track who I got it from (if a current series and multiple groups are subbing it).

Edited by smokey7722

techywarrior

Not sure you are going to get a lot of traction on adding additional file name parsing to support illegal downloads unless the anime plugin itself can handle it. MediaBrowser isn't built for that (not that people don't use it for downloaded files)

Luis

@@smokey7722, are you organizing your animes inside a season folder like in thetvdb?

Because if you are, I have a plugin that will fix your issue. I created it because I keep the original names of my downloaded animes. It basically adds extra naming conventions for anime only.

Let me know and I'll send you the DLL.

smokey7722

@@smokey7722, are you organizing your animes inside a season folder like in thetvdb?

Because if you are, I have a plugin that will fix your issue. I created it because I keep the original names of my downloaded animes. It basically adds extra naming conventions for anime only.

Let me know and I'll send you the DLL.

I don't keep them in season folders unfortunately.  Would your plugin work on the root folder of each or does it rely on Seasons?

Luis

Right now it rely on Seasons, this is because the metadata on thetvdb is more easily accessed with seasons. The other reason is because the way thetvdb groups sequels. For an anime season 2 could be a different anime and the fansubs will name the episodes [FFF]_anime_season2_-_01_[CRC]. So if you have it on the root of the series then you'll end with 2 episodes 01 (one for the main series and the other for the sequel). One example is the series Fate/Stay Night.

So there is no way to differentiate the episodes.

smokey7722

Right now it rely on Seasons, this is because the metadata on thetvdb is more easily accessed with seasons. The other reason is because the way thetvdb groups sequels. For an anime season 2 could be a different anime and the fansubs will name the episodes [FFF]_anime_season2_-_01_[CRC]. So if you have it on the root of the series then you'll end with 2 episodes 01 (one for the main series and the other for the sequel). One example is the series Fate/Stay Night.

So there is no way to differentiate the episodes.

Right, as of now I keep them in different root folders and I can definitely understand they get confusing. Fate/Stay Night is a great example, Kenshin and Ghost in the Shell as well if I recall.  I'd definitely be up to try it and I would not be against moving to a season based folder setup.

Luis

@@smokey7722 Ok, here is the plugin.

There is a configuration you need to do, on the plugin select the library the plugin will work against. the plugin will only try to parse episodes of series in that library. So you can just create a new library and configure the plugin to work only there. If everything matches your expectations you can enable the plugin for your real anime library.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17531095/AnimeEpisodeProvider.dll

Let me know any issue so I can address it.

Aphid

Media browser is supposed to support absolute episodes within the root series folder (without season folders), but it was not working correctly the last time I tested it. If you move your files into "Season 1" folders under each show, it should work.

You don't have to put sequels together as seasons; they can each have their own series folder.

@@Luis What exactly does your plugin do, and do you have any plans to open source it?

Luis

It only adds a support for a naming convention.

And yeah... I know that you can split sequels into different series. And your plugin will match them with anidb. But without thetvdb trakt won't work. And also anidb don't include metadata for episodes. That's why I use the other structure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
PurposelyCryptic

I know this is an old topic and probably has been solve by now, but for anyone having the same issue, AniDB has a client that can automatically id and rename your anime, including Fansub group, so that it works with MediaBrowser - its primary purpose is to add them to your collection on the site, but the renaming/sorting aspect works wonders. It can be found here:

AniDB UDP API Applet

You just need to set up the Tagging System to match MediaBrowser's formatting:

- Under the 'Options' tab, check 'Enable Filerenaming' and choose 'Use Tagging System'.

- If you want your files organized into folders, check 'Enable Filemoving'.

- Then hit 'Edit Tagging System', and configure it to your liking.

My code, which works with MediaBrowser, is below, if you don't feel like getting too technical:

AT:=[%ATr%,%ATe%,%ATk%]
ET:=[%ETe%,%ETr%,%ETk%]
GT:="[" [%GTs%,%GTl%] "]"
Vers := {%Ver%="1" ? "" : "v"%Ver%}
Versm := {%Ver%="1" ? "" : " v"%Ver%}
Pad:= "  "
Res:= %FVideoRes%
EpNoPad:=$pad(%EpNo%,$max($len(%EpHiNo%),$len(%Pad%)),"0")

AT:= $repl(%AT%,'[:]'," -")

Cens:= {%Cen% ? " [Cen]" : ""}

Sourcea:= {%Source% = "Blu-ray" ? "BD" : %Source%}

Res:= $repl(%Res%,'(1920x1080).+|1920x1080', "1080p")
Res:= $repl(%Res%,'(1280x720).+|1280x720', "720p")
Res:= $repl(%Res%,'(1024x576).+|1024x576', "576p")
Res:= $repl(%Res%,'(640x480).+|640x480', "480p")

Audio:= $repl(%FACodec%,'(((?:(Ogg Vorbis)).)+|((?:Vorbis ).)+|(, )).+', "Ogg")
Audio:= $repl(%Audio%, '(AC3).+|AC3', "AC3")
Audio:= $repl(%Audio%, '(AAC).+|AAC', "AAC")
Audio:= $repl(%Audio%, '(MP3 CBR).+|MP3 CBR', "MP3")
Audio:= $repl(%Audio%, '(MP3 VBR).+|MP3 VBR', "MP3")
Audio:= $repl(%Audio%, '(FLAC).+|FLAC', "FLAC")

Srctot:= "["%Sourcea% ", " %Res% ", " %Audio% "]"
Srcmin:= " ["%Sourcea% ", " %Res%  "]"

Other:= %AT%" - s01e"%EpNoPad% %Vers% " " %GT% " "  %Srctot%
Movie := %AT%" - "%ET%"" %Versm% " "%GT% " " %Srctot% 

MPath :="C:\YourPathHere\" $repl(%AT%,'[\\":/*|<>?]',"") " " %GT% %Srcmin% %Cens% 
OPath :="C:\YourPathHere\" $repl(%AT%,'[\\":/*|<>?]',"") " " %GT% %Srcmin% %Cens% "\Season 1\"

FileName := {%Type% = "Movie"? %Movie% : %Other%} 
PathName := {%Type% = "Movie"? %MPath% : %OPath%}

Just make sure to edit the two instances of "C:\YourPathHere\" to wherever you want your Anime to go.

This moves your Shows to:

"C:\YourPathHere\ShowName [GroupName] [source, Resolution]\Season 1\"

and renames the episodes to:

"ShowName - S01eXX [GroupName] [source, Resolution, AudioType]".

For Movies, it moves them to:

"C:\YourPathHere\MovieName [GroupName] [source, Resolution]\"

and renames them to:

"MovieName [GroupName] [source, Resolution, AudioType]".

As an example, take the file "[HorribleSubs] Aldnoah Zero - 06 [720p].mkv":

It would be moved to: 

"C:\YourPathHere\Aldnoah.Zero [HorribleSubs] [www, 720p]\Season 1\"

and renamed to:

"Aldnoah.Zero - s01e06 [HorribleSubs] [www, 720p, AAC].mkv".

Remember, if you don't want your files moved, you can just uncheck 'Enable Filemoving', and that part of the code will simply be ignored.

Hope this helps someone, after writing all this I thought it might be better to simply post it as a tutorial, but it seems I can't create topics there.