Request different "Sort by last added" in TV recordings

simonselmer

simonselmer

Hi

I put this under Android TV but I guess it applies for all clients.

I have recorded a TV series for a couple of weeks now, Emby does it with the "record series" or what it's called.

Yesterday it recorded another one.

So today when I wanted to find it under my "Recorded TV" folder, I couldn't find it at first. The folder is set to sort by "Last added", because often I want to watch what I most recently recorded. So I expected this TV show to be in the top of the list, but it wasn't. So I thought perhaps it had not recorded it.

But then when scrolling a bit down, I found the Show, clicked into it and there all thr 3-4 episodes were, included the one from yesterday.

So my conclusion or assumption is that when sorting by "Last added", Emby uses the date of the FIRST recorded episode in a TV series, where I would like to see Emby use the date LATEST recorded episode instead, so the whole show will move to the top of my "last added" list in this folder for recorded TV.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards Simon

Edited by simonselmer

That sort should do what you expected.  Did it appear the same in the web app?

simonselmer

Hi

Yes, same view in both web app and on Emby for Android.

I checked the meta data for the folder for the 4 episodes shows May 18th, which is also the the date of the first 2 recordings of that show.

In the folder-metadata there is the "added date"-field and under this it says "Configure how date added is decided, in control panel under Library settings" (translated from my language) but I dont find any settings in the Labrary that would change this.

PenkethBoy

look in the Advanced Tab at the top of the library page in the dashboard

simonselmer

I did enabled advanced settings under the folder, but I dont see any options/settings that has anything to do with "date added". Do you know where?

simonselmer

Ahhh, SORRY, I didn't see there was an Advance button in the top menu. 
I was in the settings for the specific folder and had enabled "Advanced" there.

So for the setting you mark there, there is 2 options right.

I think it was set for the other one, "Use date for scanning".

I have now switched to "Use file creation date", but IF that is the correct one, I guess I have to wait until next episode to be recorded to see if it makes any difference.