Server version 4.1.1 is extremely slow at loading after starting app

Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV

Ever since I installed version 4.1.1, when I start the Emby app on any device, be it my iphone, my Nvidia Shield or my Roku Premiere+, after the inital Emby logo, I get a spinning wheel for what seems like 15-20 seconds before the media info will finally populates the screen. On the Roku, at times, it is timing out.

This never happened on prior server versions. It would load the media screen a second or so after the Emby logo. This is connecting to the server via Emby Connect.

One other thing I noticed is that it shows my in home address as 10.x.x.x, which is weird since my network works off of 192.168.1.x, with my server having 53

**NOTE**

I rolled back to version 4.1.0.26 and everything is back to normal. It loads(without timeouts) and loads very quick again. Something isn't quite right with 4.1.1.0

Edited by Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV

Ok, so after reinstalling 4.1.1.0 (so I could get the log), it seems everything is good now. It behaves like it should and is responsive. Plus now it is showing a 192.168.x.x as the in home ip address, like it should, instead of the 10.x.x.x that it was showing(I have no idea where it got the 10.x.x.x address from)..

So I am good to go now. Thanks, for the quick response.

Chuck_IV

Ok, so it is happening again out of the blue. After the initial reinstall, it was working great with a 192.x.x.x home network address. We went to use it today(it had not been used since Friday) and it is again slow as molasses(timing out on the Roku) and again shows the 10.x.x.x home network address instead of the 192.x.x.x address. I've attached the June 2nd, June 3rd and June 4th logs. The 10.x.x.x address started showing up in the June 3rd log(it was not in the June 2nd log)

Emby_Logs.zip

Edited by Chuck_IV

Do  you use the dlna feature? if not you could try uninstalling that plugin and then restarting the server.

Chuck_IV

No I don't but to be honest, in previous versions I have never fiddled with it(it was always turned on). I have turned it off this time, so we will see.

I have also completely removed version 4.1.1 from my QNAP and reinstalled it and rebuilt my content. We'll see if that helps too.