TheAudioDB plugin not functioning under Docker on Linux

punkid
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

punkid

TheAudioDB plugin does not seem to be working under Docker for Linux. No artist bio and album info is scraped. Under "Links" i only see MusicBrainz and not TheAudioDB

In order to test it out, i set up a fresh Linux VM, installed Docker , got Emby running and set up a Music Library. I set up an Emby Server directly under Windows and set up a Music Library with the same settings. I've attached screenshots to an artist's (Linkin Park) page for both platforms. The logs are also attached. 

post-290652-0-98272200-1559329538_thumb.jpg

post-290652-0-69512200-1559329543_thumb.jpg

Log Docker.txt

Log Windows.txt

• Solution

It's currently disabled in Linux environments due to a defect in the .NET Core runtime. So yes, that means on a temporary basis it won't do anything. The last.fm plugin is available as a potential replacement if you'd like to try that.

• Like 1

punkid

Thanks for the quick reply!

Just tried Last.fm, seems to work fine.

I tried the latest beta Docker 4.2.0.10 too, TheAudioDB is still broken. Any fix on the horizon?

As soon as the defect is resolved in the .NET Core runtime, then it will be in Emby as well. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
punkid

Sorry for bringing up this old post, but is there any way i can use a newer/beta version of .net core, which has this problem fixed?

Unfortunately no but .net core 3.0 is being released in September and will have the fix for this. We'll release a new version of emby server soon after that. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

.net core 3.0 is out but the plugin still doesnt work ?

We'll be updating to .NET core 3.0 as part of an upcoming 4.3.x release. Thanks.

• Like 1