Box Set - Alien Anthology

CChris

CChris

Hi, short update:
I have now re-ordered my library (moved the movies into subfolders)
Now, the Collection does show both movies again.

My new Library Folder Structure is now:

A
-- Alien
-- Alien 2

B

-- Bad Boys
-- Bad Boys 2

... and so on.

So, after reordering and a full rescan, everything went back to normal.

I already thought, that this will solve the problem, but still I do not know, what exactly caused this...

I will keep an eye on this, if any movie will again disappear from my collections...

If yes, what could I try to provide as much helpful information as possible?

--> full logs,

--> copy of the library db?

--> ... ?

Happy2Play

To me this would have to be a issue within the database itself.  As you have already noticed a new path for the items appears to resolve most of the issues like this.

CChris

Hi,

I think, this could be.
I've made a new test - and reverted my latest changes back.

Now, the library has the same structure as before - I did a complete re-scan (admin panel -> library -> scan all libraries).
Then, I selected "refresh AutoBox Set" option from the auto-boxset plugin, and the movie is again gone from the box set.

I've did a short search within the Library DB but couldn't really find anything - since I don't have any Idea, what I should search for...
But I've noticed, that the missing movie is there twice:

I've exported the following data from the DB with this statement and attached it as HTML output... maybe, you can see something here?

select * from MediaItems where name like '%Bad Boys%'

MediaItems.html

Happy2Play

Hi,

I think, this could be.

I've made a new test - and reverted my latest changes back.

Now, the library has the same structure as before - I did a complete re-scan (admin panel -> library -> scan all libraries).

Then, I selected "refresh AutoBox Set" option from the auto-boxset plugin, and the movie is again gone from the box set.

I've did a short search within the Library DB but couldn't really find anything - since I don't have any Idea, what I should search for...

But I've noticed, that the missing movie is there twice:

I've exported the following data from the DB with this statement and attached it as HTML output... maybe, you can see something here?

select * from MediaItems where name like '%Bad Boys%'

I assume Bad Boys is the item that is gone, correct?

"Bad Boys (1995).mkv" appear twice as type 18 and type 5.  Not sure why your "data" colums are blank, as mine are not.

Type 18 appear to be "Additionalparts/extras", and looking at my database it would appear this item do not get cleaned up very well as I have entries to items that don't exist.

Happy2Play

What is the extratype?

Don't understand what you are asking.

Type 18 appears to be additionalparts/extras

and 

Type 5 appears to be actual movie

In CChris's case both point to the same media.

5d5c93db5e021_db.jpg

So I would guess this would create a conflict as it is a item and a additionalpart.

Happy2Play

the extratype column i meant.

They are both null in the query provided in post 28.

The question would be is this bad data created by older versions or could it still happen again. I would just delete the whole folder containing that movie, run a full scan to flush it out, then add it back. then let's see if it happens again.

CChris

Hi,
yes, BadBoys is missing in the collection.
And yes, I do not have any "extras" for this movie (also, I do not have any extras for several other movies, where I have the Type 18 in the library.db...)

- I have now deleted the BadBoys folder, run a full scan and copied it back - no change.
As I said, after changing the folder structure of the library, it has worked - the movie was part of the collection again, but as soon as I changed the structure back to what it previously was, the movie disappeared from the collection.

This should be similar to delete the item and bring it then back... or?

"Created by older versions":

This is nearly a complete fresh setup.
When I've started with my Linux Server, I've started with emby Version 4.1.0 (I think) - at least, not such an old version.
When I had the issue earlier with Alien (when I started the topic), this was the same behave on my Synology installation where I've jused a 4.0.x version, as far as I can remember.

I've also installed the Auto Boxset plugin on my beta installation with Emby 4.3.0.1 - there, everything seems to be OK (for now)...
All movies are correctly shown in their box sets - But I know, that the movie was also shown in its collection earlier - it just disappeared at once, and I am not aware, that I have changed anything...

My next test was to delete the BadBoys Box Set and refreshed autoBoxSet plugin.
It recreated the boxset, again, whitout having BadBoys in it....

It seems, that the only way would be, to recreate the whole library, similar to change the folder structure of it.
But in this case, we still don't know, how we could reproduce this behave and what exactly could cause it.

Any Idea for further debugging would be much appreciated :)

--> I don't need to have this solved, since I know that the movie does exist and how I could bring it back.
I would rather use the situation trying to identify the reason :)