Box Set - Alien Anthology

CChris

CChris

Hi,

I know, that my AutoBox Set plugin was working well with the Box Set "Alien Anthology" - and all movies from the original Ailien saga have been listed here in the past.

Now, I've noticed, that the boxset does only contain Alien3 - the other films are missing.

I still have them in my Movie Library - but they won't be added automatically, nor, when I'm trying to add them manually.

I have checked the ID of the Movie DB - and there, all movies are still listed.

Refreshing my librarys and the collection did not work.

Even after removing the Collections Library and readding it, the behave is still the same.
Only Alien3 is listed here.

And btw:
Prometheus Collection isn't available, too...

Any Idea?

- Alien Box Set Content in my Library (not sure, why the black color will be shown transparent in the screenshot)5cf12fc73718b_alien1.png

The Movies I have in my Library (Alien and Prometheus)
5cf12deb1cc20_alien2.png

And the content shown in TheMovieDB

5cf12fdac63f5_prometheus1.png

5cf12dd9ce651_alien3.png

CChris

yes. The tbdb ID is there and correct.

I have also tried with "identify" and give the id again, but it did not change.

The field you are looking for is TmdbCollectionId.  That is how the system automatically ties a movie to a given collection.

Happy2Play

So does the movie "Alien" have these external ids?

5cf18fbf02083_ext.jpg

CChris

okey, thanks :)

I will have a look into it.

but... what I do not understand: The missing movies where part of that collection in the past.
5cf195ee0c10f_2019053123_00_05Movies.jpg

When you post one of these screenshots can you please indicate what it belongs to? Thanks.

You said the collection also doesn't show up if you manually add it with the web interface, correct?

Happy2Play

Has any of your media locations changed?  I would also verify the paths in the collection.xml.

CChris

@@Luke, ok, I will do it in future.

@@ebr  correct. Even, when I'm trying to add the movie manually to the collection it will not be added

@@Happy2Play not that I am aware of.
I have two movie libraries - and sometimes, I am moving a movie from one of the libraries into another - but the alien movies where not moved at all.

But maybe, what can be related to this:
I noticed, that there are sometimes movies, that lost their cover images - and I needed to re-identify them.
This wasn't the case for the Ailien movies, but for some others...

Movie was not identified automatically, I've used the identify option then - selected the correct movie and two or three days later, it lost the cover art again.
I haven't noticed this for a while now... but I think, it could be worth of deleting the libraries and create them again...?

Edited by CChris

CChris

So, now I have completely deleted the Box set - restarted Emby, and refreshed the Collection Library through the plugin option.
It has created the Alien Box set new, but again, only with Alien³ in it...

This sounds like the same issue we've seen from a few others that may be related to data migration.

Happy, has there been any solution to those other than rebuilding the library.db?

Happy2Play

Not that I can remember.

But if you created a new library and moved the Alien movies into it and ran a full Library scan does the collection appear properly?  Make sure to delete the existing collection before doing this.

CChris

Ok. I have deleted the Movie Library and the Alien Collection.
After readding the Movie-Library, the Alien Box set was recreated, but again only with Alien3 in it... :-(

I believe you had to change the actual location of the movies for that test... is that correct, Happy?

• 2 months later...
CChris

Hi all,

Sorry to bring back this topic again, but I've noticed the same behave now for another Box set in my collection.
I have changed my installation of emby from the Synology NAS to a self-built Linux NAS / HomeServer...

After adding most of my content again, I've noticed that the Box Set "Bad Boys" does not show the movie Bad Boys (1) again.

Bad Boys Collection ID in Emby: 14890

TheMovieDB Link & ID: https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/14890-bad-boys-collection?language=en-US

This seems to be correct, but BadBoys 1 wont be shown in that collection.
Also, re-adding it does not change anything.

I know, the workaround would be the same than above -> move it to another location, create a new library, and then run a rescan, but I would like to identify the rootcause for this.

What do you need in order to identify / solve this issue permanently?

CChris

Hi Luke,

to be honest, I don't know what I should think about this answer.

AutoBoxSet is working well on my system at all - BUT:

It is now the second time, that one movie disappeared from a single collection - even, all relevant information are available for this title.

It happened earlier for the Alien Box Set, where one movie disappeared, and now, it happened again for BadBoys collection, where one movie just disappeared.

As I already said, the Movie, which is missing does have the correct Collection ID assigned in the Meta-Data, but still, it is not visible in the collection where it should be assigned.

I have done a full rescan of the Libraries, as mentioned in the Trouble-Shooting Area of your link:

Trouble Shooting

If movies are not added to the collection as expected, check that the TmdbCollectionId ID for your media is correct on The Movie DB website. Also check to make sure your media has the same TmdbCollectionId set in it's own metadata. If not try to manually refresh the meta-data on the individual media items you are trying to add to the collection.

Once this is confirmed, you can then manually force a refresh of the AutoBoxSets via the Refresh Box Sets button in the AutoBoxSets Plugin configuration page (see above).

Note: If you experience issues with AutoBoxSets after upgrading to Emby Server version 4 please make sure to run a full scan by clicking the button "Scan All Libraries" at the top of your list of Libraries when access from the Library menu option.

So summary:

1) TmdbCollectionId is set correctly in the Metadata

2) The TmdbCollection ID is correct

3) The Movie is part of the Collection in Tmdb

4) Manually force Refresh Box Set did not bring back the movie

5) "Scan All Libraries" did not bring back the movie

Of course, I CAN move the movie to a new Library, run a Scan - and I am pretty sure, that the movie will then be reassigned to the correct collection, but for me, this is more a workaround and does not solve the issue.

I would like to help trying to find the reason, why this issue could sometimes happen...

FrostByte

No, I just went through all my collections and don't see anything missing including my Aliens collection.  Don't recall ever seeing this in the past either.  I'm using the plugin except for a few collections I created which aren't in tmdb (Charlie Brown, Winnie the Pooh, and Dr Seuss)