access exception when downloading artwork

catch42

catch42

Trying to download artwork using the web client I get an unauthorized access exception error after selecting to download.  Do I need to run as a service and specify logon credentials that have write access?

http://paste2.org/xhPB8U1O

Version 3.0.5238.39498 running on WHS2011 x64.  Configured to run in taskbar at startup, not as service.

Either that or make sure the windows account the app is running under has access to write to that location.

catch42

I'm running the server under the WHS administrator account.  Tried running as a service under the local account and under the admin account...results in same access exception error.  Tried running the service with credentials from another account, but service threw an access error and wouldn't even start.

Finally figured out that the admin account didn't have write access using the UNC path.  The WHS dashboard doesn't let you configure UNC shares for the admin account.  So, I went into the folder properties -> sharing -> advanced sharing -> permissions and added admin write access that way.  Now it works.