PowerDVD DLNA Server Issues

Smaky

Ghostm

I am also having an issue with play to, but i dont know as much about that as i did with the server, i cant get it to play flac files to my avr, i could back in the early inception of dlna play to without doing anything, but the last while i can no longer, im investigating the logs now hoping i can see some thing, if i learn anything ill let you know smaky.

It seems to transcode it to mp3 for every setting.

Edited by Ghostm

• 2 weeks later...
Smaky

After the latest dev updates PowerDVD is no longer working... the server starts streaming to PowerDVD but video never shows up. This happens for M4V, MKV and other formats. Only AVI seems to be working.

And yes. I recreated the profile.

Edit: Now when trying to browse content from MediaBrowser I get "No media available error"

53ed846662ee7_20140814_225305.png

I reverted to my previous profile but it fails to. Seems something changed in the server and it no longer works with PowerDVD

Edited by Smaky

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,.. after a few updates I miss to update this thread I found that with since a couple of versions ago PowerDVD is working fine again.

• 1 month later...
Smaky

Back to square one... server shows again as No Media Available and Play To will start playing but video will never show up in PowerDVD

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Smaky

I have not had the time to go back to this profile. I need first to update from PowerDVD 14 to 15 and redo testing.

Smaky

Ok, I updated to PowerDVD 15 and started a profile from scratch. Not much progress so far. When trying to play an MKV video... I am getting the following error.

2015-07-24 22:43:11.8152 Error - Dlna: Error updating device info for PowerDVD15 - Pakal
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5683.28609
	Command line: C:\Users\Fedro\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Fedro\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Fedro\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Unable to connect to the remote server
	System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<SendCommandAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<GetTransportInfo>d__84.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<TimerCallback>d__51.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.119.1:50003
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
	   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

While PowerDVD would show an error dialog stating it was not able to connect to the server.

Now on Audio, MP3 seem to be working. Will continue to test and will post the profile if I get it to work better.

Smaky

Ok, I got the attached profile to work to a certain point. Most audio formats play well... while flac gets transcoded.

On the video side, I managed to make it work for certain MKV files with H264 coded video and AC3 audio. Although I would have expected these to direct play they are firing transcoding (not sure if this is becasue of subtitles). Anyways, I will continue testing and try to improve on formats.

Please let me know if it works for you and the formats it works with.

Updated profile. Seems to be working better with MKV and multiple video/audio formats (via transcoding).

I have been testing and found it works better. However I am getting a lot of Buffering in PowerDVD which casuses the video to pause a lot. Not sure how I may influence this. Dashboard shows that transcoding has occurred way ahead of the current viewpoint.

55b58cd40084c_20150726_191814.jpg

While dashboard shows this... by the red bar it seems to me transcoding has already occurred but PowerDVD keeps Buffering data.

55b58d010ec2e_20150726_204416.jpg

Tanscoded ts files is way over 13 mins in lenght and playable via VLC. So this is deifnetively not ffmpeg causing delays while transcoding but actual streaming problems.

Cyberlink PowerDVD 15.xml

Edited by Smaky