Nvidia shield with live TV audio and visual problems

Jason'sEmby

Jason'sEmby

Nvidia Shield problem

Pixelating while direct streaming seems to be caused by default player and primarily on over-the-air 1080p channels. When remote streaming and transcoding it takes up to 60 seconds to load the channel. When forcing the Nvidia Shield to transcode causes all other Roku devices on server to lose audio intermittently.

Resolution till fixed

Best to direct stream with these devices and set a 10 megabits stream limit. Under settings select MPV player as preferred. This will fix pixelation issues but throw your audio off on 1080 shows. To fix the audio change audio out to downmix to stereo. 

Jason'sEmby

I call it a server but technically it doesn't have any server Hardware:)

My setup

Windows 10

I7 8700 

P2000

16GB of ddr4

200/200 internet

Server 4.2.0.8 Beta

Server is on a solid state drive

Transcode on separate m.2 512gb Nvme

Its possible your direct streaming issues are related to the firmware bug that Nvidia has solved but not released yet.  That would be a nice outcome.

Jason'sEmby

Its possible your direct streaming issues are related to the firmware bug that Nvidia has solved but not released yet. That would be a nice outcome.

That would be great. I know with Plex it's not an issue but they have their own set of issues that they don't respond to.

Jason'sEmby

Solved the Roku audio issue when using Nvidia Shield direct stream. This is caused by the transcoder intermittently turning off the throttle which causes even the most powerful GPU to max out. This is also duplicatable with movies and causes every user on the server to cry LOL. Thread posted below,

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74008-growing-pains-of-live-tv-hdhomerun/&do=findComment&comment=747741

Jason'sEmby

Just to give you a guys an update I think the pixelation issue with the Nvidia shield on 1080p over-the-air channels and some cable channels has been resolved. At least for the past 24 hours LOL. I had to change the buffer rate to slow and check mark HD deinterlace which I'm not sure what that is. But I was finally able to watch Discovery Channel which I've been unable to do on emby since it broadcast at 1080p:)

Edited by Jason'sEmby

Jason'sEmby

No problem @@Luke it's been working perfect for 72 hours now. So that was the fix. Now is there a way to fix the Roku pixelation issue with 1080p ota while transcoding? It's probably the same issue as the shield had, maybe there's an option to do the same thing I did on the Nvidia Shield? Thank you!