Emby for AndroidTV and compatibility with some Android TV Bpxes

--xav--

--xav--

Is it possible to get Emby for AndroidTV to work on any AndroidTVBox? For some reason it appears to work well on the Tanix TX8 Amlogic S912 for example. I was however not able to run this on a newer box such as the TANIX TX5 Max which supports Amlogic s905X2 and Android 8.1 Oreo

As far as I can tell the TANIX TX8 runs Android 6.0 and is not an AndroidTV OS version. So I'm not sure what the issue is with a newer box such as the TX5 Max, unless there is something very specific to 6.0 Marshmallow.

Anyone with similar experience can enlighten me as to what the solution is. I prefer Emby for AndroidTV as there is more ease of use browsing through library and also the resume/watched status works quite well. So far I have not been able to get plain Emby for Android to work properly on AndroidTV Boxes.

--xav--

The newer box simply can't open 'Emby for Android TV' app past the login screen. Once

I try to connect it essentially locks with a blank screen. This same issue or behavior is also seen on Tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (previously running Android 8.1 Oreo). As of now I haven't tested with recent update Android 9.0 Pie. But I'm under the assumption that Emby for Android TV is not compatible.

However I'm more interested to know if 'Emby for Android TV' can work on most Android TV Boxes or if there is some limitation as such. If somehow plain Emby for Android can run with ease (i.e. browsing through library, resume/watched status etc), I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. So far it appears that some of those features can't work.

Sorry for the confusion in my original post. I forgot to mention my use of external players such as MX Player Pro and seamless use when running Emby for Android TV as tested with the TANIX TX8.

Okay, that sounds like the box doesn't have a complete implementation of something that the app depends upon.  These off-brand boxes are often some sort of cobbled-together set of hardware and software.

You could try flashing a standard Android TV rom to one.  I believe someone pointed to one recently out here.

clarkss12

Don't know if you like to tinker, but there is a beta LibreELEC port for your "X2" box.  If you have a spare microSD card, use that as your secondary OS, it will NOT harm your Android OS.  Once you get it installed, use the Embuary skin, you will be most pleased, it plays everything flawlessly.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12330-test-libreelec-images-with-kodi-18-for-s9xxx/?postID=120380#post120380