Can't connect to server remotely

sfatula

sfatula

So, before you say not another remote setup question..... I am remote for a while right now.

I have 2 devices, right here in front of me. An iPad, and, an iPhone. Both running same Emby version, 1.7.7. Same IOS. For whatever reason, I had deleted the app from the phone, who knows why. So, installed, ran, clicked next, asks me to sign in to emby connect, do so, and, no servers are available to connect to.

So, I run on iPad, works fine. So, being brave, I uninstall on iPad, download again, run, enter emby connect info, works.

Same on iphone, does not work. No messages in emby server log. Was working on the phone before I stupidly removed it, from same hotel.

In a browser on the phone, I can enter the remote wan access address and port and emby comes up fine. I can manually add the server to the phone, and it also connects fine. Hate to do that as then I have a rempte and local entry (when I get back). Why might emby connect be failing?? Is there a way to check my emby connect user somewhere? Is there a place this is defined on the server? I.e. how does the server know my emby connect user id?

Got it to work. Removed the emby connect id from the server user, saved, and added it back. Works now.

Edited by sfatula

That's interesting, thanks for the info. Glad you got it to work. We'll look into why that might have happened.